Author Topic: tinnitus cause/reason  (Read 7186 times)

DeniseSmith

Re: tinnitus cause/reason
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2006, 08:16:08 am »
Hi, all....

I have been reading the tinnitus threads.  It seems that is the only symptomI do not have.  I have full left side facial paralysis, but tinnitus has not shown up nor did i have it pre-op.  My dr. warned me about it, but not the facial paralysis. Weird, huh?

Maybe its true, the good Lord, only gives us what he thinks we can handle.  I know tinnitus would make me insane, and I am learning to live with the paralysis.

Denise 8)

Battyp

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2006, 08:42:56 am »
Denise count yourself blessed as I have it in both ears and it drives me nuts at times.  Ok, so it didn't have far to drive  ;D  I have facial numbness and don't know how those of you who have facial paralysis deal. I miss not feeling my tongue and tasting my food...It's really hard to learn to live with any of this!

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2006, 10:57:32 am »
I have I think, permanent tree frogs in my head!

Batty, have the docs said anything about the facial numbness going away?  After my surg, the side of my head was totally numb, but the feeling did come back after about a year.  Even now, when I scratch a place at my temple, I "feel" it at a place 2-3 inches away!
Very strange.
Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

DeniseSmith

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2006, 07:28:59 am »
Batty,

I do feel blessed at least as far as tinnitus is concerned.  Sometimes, believe it or not, I forget about my facial paralysis, until i catch my reflection when i am talking to someone, then, I am right back to total  self consciousness and feeling low.  I don't think its that noticeable until i speak and only half my mouth moves.  I do hate it.   So I talk alot less than I used too.  I also hate my left eye.  i wear glasses now and it makes my eye a little less noticeable, but i sure do like wearing my sunglasses, so no one notices and i feel almost normal.

Sorry, i am sort of running on about myself.  Hope you have a good weekend.

Denise

SKT

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2006, 08:34:41 am »
Oh Denise, my heart really does go out to you - I didn't get facial paralysis - was warned there was quite a high chance of it happening because of the size of the tumor, but it never did.  I think you're very brave and that it would be very hard to handle.  However, if it's not permanent damage to your facial nerve, there's every chance that in a year you will have full facial function.  Is your nerve damage only temporary?

As for tinnitus - oh, i never ever expected this.   I am so grateful to be healthy and alive so i don't complain - but oh my gosh, it really can be excrutiating.  I find it the most difficult thing to deal with.

kevins

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2006, 09:06:19 pm »
Hi,  I am 4 years post op and have had tinnitus since i came out of surgery.  I read some of you are having noise related to eye movement.  I have the same issue and have found that Zoloft relieves this.  If I miss a dose it really becomes noticable.  I was not perscribed Zoloft as a treatment, but have found out it works.
Kevin Syfert