Author Topic: Tomorrow's my BAHA day!!  (Read 2914 times)

kma

Tomorrow's my BAHA day!!
« on: October 21, 2009, 08:10:17 am »
Tomorrow is my appointment to get my BAHA processor?  transmitter?  bionic woman pack???  I am woman ~ ROAR!!!
These three months flew by and I'm really excited and nervous (as always).
I had my hair color done so I would be a beautiful brunette bionic woman rather than a partially grey bionic woman ~ much better look....trust me!!

I'm hoping that they cooperate with giving me what I need to try and submit the claim to my insurance company and am taking
my husband with me so that I won't lose my temper when they give me a hard time ~ he is the nice one in the family!! 

p.s.  To show you that life really is crazy~ironic.....my BAHA surgery was a breeze (truly) and I felt great after and have felt great ever since.  Yesterday and today I've had the worst headache and don't really feel like having something snapped to my head.  I
know it's likely the weather or I'm probably clenching my teeth at night ~ but gee wiz ~ three months of nothing and NOW my
head decides to hurt.  TOO DARN FUNNY and if there is a God ~ he (or she) has a wicked sense of humor!!! 

XOXO  Happy Day to EVERYONE!!  XOXO

Kathy (kma)
:-*
Retrosigmoid on 02-06-09 by Dr. LaRouere (Michigan Ear Institute) and Dr. Pieper.  Perfect hearing, perfect balance, no tinnitus and no headaches before surgery.  Right SSD, loud tinnitus and crazy headaches after surgery.  BAHA surgery 07-29-09 ~ still working on tune-ups...don't love it ~ YET!!

Kaybo

Re: Tomorrow's my BAHA day!!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 08:35:52 am »
Happy "Gotcha Day"!!  I can't wait to hear what you think!!

K ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

ombrerose4

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 09:41:30 am »
I am excited for you on your Baha surgery. Hopefully the headaches will disappear quickly! Please let us know how the hearing is, good luck. :D
Retrosigmoid 9/24/09
AN 2.4+ cm left side
Mount Sinai Hospital, NYC (Dr. Bederson and Dr. Choe)
BAHA surgery 1/4/2010

Melissa778

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 10:35:04 am »
Let me know how the insurance thing goes for you.  In a few months I will be dealing with the same issue with that docs office.

Congrats!! 
1.6cm X 1.6cm diagnosed Jan 30 2008
Translab Surgery scheduled for May 15th with Surgery went well, got ALMOST all of it.
GK to zap the rest on 10/22/08
2010 MRI showed no new growth tumor measuring at that time at 1.1 x .4
2011 Holding steady
2012 new growth 1.7 x .7 :( :(

wendysig

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 01:27:19 pm »
Kathy,

Tomorrow will be an exciting day for you --- hopefully with no headaches.  I'm a little confused, id you pay out of pocket for the surgery and processor and are waiting to be reimbursed by the insurance company? My BAHA day was one of the happiest days I've had and  I still am amazed at how much difference it has made for me,  Let us know how it goes tomorrow.

Cheering you on,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

amymeri

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 02:01:33 pm »
Good luck!!!  I hope it goes great and you love your BAHA! 
 :D
Amy

4 cm right AN removed restrosigmoid 4/13/06
Partial facial paralysis, SSD and trigeminal numbness for now

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 06:29:00 pm »
YIPEE!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D

My BAHA gotcha day will go down in history as one of my favorites!  Hope you feel the same way about yours   ;D

Congratulations!!!!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ombrerose4

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 11:46:47 am »
I am happy to see that most of you with a BAHA seem to be happy with it. I have just scheduled my BAHA surgery for 1/4/2010 and I am excited. I have tried the demo twice and it worked great. I asked my neurotologist about the Oticon but he feels that the BAHA is the "gold standard". He also told me about the Transear but I don't really want something in my ear. He also felt the Transear was more delicate and apt to be more prone to problems. Since my insurance covers the BAHA and not the Transear, I am going for the BAHA. I hope January comes around quickly!  :)
Retrosigmoid 9/24/09
AN 2.4+ cm left side
Mount Sinai Hospital, NYC (Dr. Bederson and Dr. Choe)
BAHA surgery 1/4/2010

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 05:35:58 pm »
Congrats, ombrerose.

I hope you love your BAHA as much as I love mine  ;D

If you PM me or Lori (lori67) your mailing address, one of us will send you our Official BAHA Recovery Kit.  We've sent out about 2 dozen now, and who knows, maybe one day we'll be famous for it  :D

It's just a little something Lori and I created to celebrate our happiness with our BAHAs and to spread some cheer to those having the surgery.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways