Author Topic: New Newsletter  (Read 2648 times)

kathy g

• Getting great radio heard
New Newsletter
« on: December 03, 2009, 10:09:56 pm »
I received an email saying there is a new newsletter available on this web site, but I cannot find it. Could someone help me find it?

Thanks,
Kathy
November 2010- 10 x 7 x 8 mm
May 2009- 28 x 26 x 17 mm
GK  May 2009 Washington Hospital, Fremont, CA

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: New Newsletter
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 09:52:33 am »
Kathy .....

If you go to the home page of anausa.org, click on "Member Section please log in here" ..... then enter your username and password (PM me if you cannot find that info in a previous email or click on the forgot password button) and then choose Newsletter, Notes and click on the one you want.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 10:07:53 am »
Hmm I just followed Clarice's instructions and got past the member log in... The most recent newsletter is Sept 09... I do not see the new one. ? Am I missing something... as I too do not see a new one?

DHM
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 10:09:09 am »
Ooops ..... just realized the latest one has not been put on the web site yet apparently.  Last one is September, 2009.  Strange.

Clarice

JerseyGirl2

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 02:27:19 pm »
The December 2009 issue is there -- for some reason it's about five up from the bottom of the list of newsletters, September 2009 being the last one on the list. Several Forum members' comments are included in the "mailbag" sidebar section of the tinnitus article, and "Kim Z," a Forum member who had AN surgery at Hopkins (I think I'm remembering that correctly) has a lengthy article as well.

If you're like me, you may have forgotten your username and/or password. Not to worry -- just follow the directions and they'll e-mail you a temporary password. I couldn't recall my username -- it turned out to be my first and last name without a space in between; don't know whether this is the standard -- so I put in my Forum name and proceeded from there.

Catherine (JerseyGirl 2)
Translab surgery and BAHA implant: House Ear Institute, Los Angeles, 1/2008
Drs. J. House, Schwartz, Wilkinson, and Stefan
BAHA Intenso, 6/2008
no facial, balance, or vision problems either before or after surgery ... just hearing loss
Monmouth County, NJ

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 03:08:27 pm »
It is there, but hard to find.  I just read it myself, but had to hunt for it.

Very good issue.  I especially liked the article by Vasilike Rauch - and not just because she's an audiologist in my doc's practice.  She was phenomenal at the Symposium - everyone I know who listened to her talks or had discussions with her agreed. 

The article about Kim and the Magic Scarf was very nice also - good to see the ANA Forum getting some chatter.  Lots of people @ the Symposium were unaware of the Forum until we talked it up.  I also read Amy Pack's report that talks about the number of posts on the Forum  ;D

Hopefully we'll be welcoming many more forumites as a result of this "publicity"!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 05:14:15 pm »
as noted, not sure why the listing for the Dec 09 Newsletter was listed higher and not at the bottom but... it is there. 

Jan, totally agree with you about the articles.. and wow, everyone that participated with comments about tinnitus... very good!  AND, as Jan mentions... whoa! Did the forums get noted here and there and everywhere or what? :) Fantastic!

Definately a good read.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 05:44:53 pm »
Yup ..... found it.  That's what I get for looking only for the obvious ..... :-[

I missed hearing too much of what Dr. Rauch said at the Symposium on tinnitus treatment so it was great to read the details.  I'm going to check with my local audiologist but have doubts if she is trained in Neuromonics Treatment.  Maybe she will know someone in the area who is.

Clarice