Author Topic: This Week 11/29 in the AN Calendar World  (Read 6881 times)

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
Re: This Week 11/29 in the AN Calendar World
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 11:53:44 pm »
Hi Denise,

When I do the weekly, I copy paste the entire calendar week into a word document, then I proceed to write the post.  As you can see, at the time of the original posting for this week, neither you nor Caroline (rezski) were on the AN Calendar.

I would never do anything to hurt any of you.  That said…….

I am sorry that the swelling and paralysis continue, and sincerely hope that the antibiotics do the trick regarding the infection.  We will indeed keep you in our thoughts and prayers for better days ahead.

Caroline, you are also in our prayers, with hopes that your MRI comes back with great results.

David (LADavid), congratulations on your 2 year anniversary.  The Weekly just isn’t the same without you, but I try ;)

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

suboo73

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2009, 06:38:01 am »
Rich,

We had lots and LOTS of snow yesterday, 6+ inches or so - then the satellite internet was GONE for the rest of the day, oh my!  Now the sky is clear and i am back.
Thank you for the updated updates.  You do a GREAT job with the this thread and i am pleased to read it every week.

So here is my update - all's well, that ends well, and another uneventful ride thru the tube o' gloom.  My AN declared as 'stable' with no growth, so i remain in W & W for another year, yea!   8) --- I thanked the MRI tech, Jimmy, he was great!  He thanked me for being such a 'good' patient.

Denise - you have been in our thoughts and prayers since the first time you posted on the Forum.  I am so sorry about your recent (and LONG) trip thru the MRI.  [I really dislike the darn machine, and am even somewhat claustrophobic.]  But i don't take any drugs, just try to 'be in the moment' and handle the machine, knowing that it is the most WONDERFUL technology we AN folks have.  I also believe that if you do need a little something to get you through the test, that is certainly ok too.  --  Please keep us posted on your progress, and know that we are thinking of you.

LA David - 2 years, congrats to you!

Thank you, everyone, for all your thoughts and prayers.  I believe.
Sincerely,

Sue

suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

Kaybo

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2009, 07:30:10 am »
Rich~
You do an INCREDIBLE job and it is GREATLY appreciated - I know I hardly ever look at the calendar!  IMO, you go above & beyond and read up on the situations that are listed on the calendar so that you can, not only alert us of that week, but also give us a bit of background and follow up!

THANK YOU!!!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2009, 08:10:53 am »
Rich

for the job you do, double apple dumplins at next brunch (and a few major hugglez thrown in for good measure!) :)

P
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

texsooner

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2009, 08:20:32 am »
Rich, ditto what Sue, K, and Phyl said. We very much appreciate your efforts on the weekly updates. Thanks.

Patrick
3.5cm left side AN; 11 hour retrosigmoid surgery 8/11/08 @ Memorial Hermann, Houston - Texas Medical Center with Drs. Chang and Vollmer; home on 8/13/08;
SSD(w/tinnitus); dry eye; Happy to be here and feeling good.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2009, 08:21:26 am »
Rich .....

You do an incredible job summarizing the calendar for us ..... just wanted to say thank you!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2009, 11:27:43 am »
Rich -

I want to echo the others here.  The job you do on the weekly is very much appreciated.  Like Kay, I rarely look at the calendar on a weekly basis (although I do add events to it - like Jeeper's BAHA surgery next week) so it's nice to read your weekly recap.  I always read it.  Sometimes I reply, sometimes I don't - but either way it keeps me posted on the week's events. 

It's not an easy job to do the weekly recap - and it's often thankless.  At least two other forumites have come before you and you've all done a phenomenal job.  Although LADavid was originally "nominated" to the post, Keri and then you just saw a need and picked up on it.  Incredibly kind of both of you  ;D

Keep up the good work!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2009, 03:47:57 pm »
Thanks Everyone,

As of this post, there have been 607 newbies after me (3/15/09).

I don't get a chance to greet the newbies as I would like to.

All of you are right there in the trenches everyday, several times a day to greet and support them.

Thank you for all "your" hard work.

Hugglez right back at ya ;D

Rich
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2009, 10:44:11 pm »
Thank You very much Rich for posting that too.   I also GREATLY appreciated the time and efforts you do to post that.   

I guess I just didn't understand why mine didn't show up....kind  of odd.  I  know I added it about 2 weeks early.

Thank you for clarifying it though..................I KNOW there are many of you out ther still praying for me and thinking of me.  THANK YOU

Rich, it's very thoughtful,, thanks for pointing it out, we just arent' sure what happened  ;)

Denise
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI