Author Topic: IS there anyone who had radiation then surgery?  (Read 2169 times)

lmurray69

IS there anyone who had radiation then surgery?
« on: March 19, 2006, 05:49:19 pm »
I had radiation and I am now looking for a surgeon,The Dr. dont agree on what needs to be done. I have Tia's Have had 8 so far, and they cant seem to find the sorce of what is causeing it. The nero says it could be the tumor an, It started out as a 6mm  it is now a 9mm so the radiation has not worked.Now the nuerosurgeon disagrees says once they do a prosedure they wont do another.  I would really like to find a neurosurgeon that will operate. They day I am High risk cause i am a diabetic, wasnt till they found the an.. Now I have all kinds of problems...
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

russ

Re: IS there anyone who had radiation then surgery?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 10:27:32 pm »
  Contact Mayo Clinic Rochester.
  Seems a new opinion with a very reputable Tx center with dozens of NSs is worth your while. They see pts.from all over the world and have seen it all.
  I see Dr Michaell Link who does both GK radiosurgery and Neurosurgery. He is one among many NSs along with Dr ColinDriscoll, Otologist. They work as a team and are in surgery 2 days a week doing nothing but AN work.
  Good luck to you!
  Russ