Author Topic: Alternate Diagnosis? Help reading MRI  (Read 7265 times)

Battyp

Re: Alternate Diagnosis? Help reading MRI
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2006, 07:39:51 am »
Larry that sounded mean.." -
we really don't want you in our club

I know it's not meant to be mean just sounded that way.  What Larry was saying, you are more than welcome to join our club but in order to do so you have to have an AN which we don't wish on anyone!  Of course we'll let all good people in our club even if they don't have an AN..matthew doesn't have an An and he's an honorary member  LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :-*

nannettesea

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2006, 09:05:22 am »
Justice,
My hearing tested NORMAL up to day of surgery, so that's bunk about hearing loss being a requirement for AN.  These doctors...

Sorry, I don't know about the brain tonsil business.  I'd get a 2nd and 3rd opinion from qualified otolaryongologists, if necessary. This is not something to mess around with.  If I'd been more persistent when I KNEW I'd had hearing loss, detectable by audiogram or not, I wouldn't have ended up with a 1.7 cm tumor and surgery, etc.

Nan
1.7cm x 1.4cm x .8cm, right ear
Trans-lab approach
Dr. Jay Rubinstein, U of WA
8/29/05

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2006, 09:26:27 am »
Justice-
Why don't you give House Ear Clinic a call.  They do free consults if you send them your MRI's.  Second opinions are definitey worth the hassle!  You sound as if your peace of mind about this situation just isn't there yet.

Captain Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

shoegirl

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2006, 09:43:56 am »
Justice,

Never heard of a brain tonsil myself.  But I am not a doctor.   :)  Anyway, I wanted to tell you I have had no hearing loss as of yet.  So, it is possible to have AN without having it "show" on a hearing test.  I am with the others that have said to get some addtional opinions.   Whatever it is better to be sure.

Good Luck!
left side 2.0cm x 1.3cm  
Cyberknife - 12/2005
The Barrow Institute, Phoenix, AZ