Author Topic: This Week 2/21 “2010” in the AN World  (Read 2354 times)

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
This Week 2/21 “2010” in the AN World
« on: February 21, 2010, 04:26:23 pm »
We still have a number of people for which we have no updates: 20acrewoods’ husband, Char, Marla, CF (CF), Adam (gte025u), and Tod (Tod).

We are hoping that everything went well with your surgeries and that you are recovering quickly.

Brenda (teffaz), had surgery to repair tissue breakdown on 2/5/10.  Sorry I missed your post on 2/7/10, but we are glad things went well.

Last Monday Denise (Denise S) had an encouraging appointment with her neurologist.  Denise it was nice to read that your recovery is proceeding swiftly.

Joyce (Jeepers) we hope your BAHA Gotcha Day on Tuesday proves to be everything you’ve hoped it would be.

Wednesday Kevin (Amplified2000) is having translab surgery.  Kevin you will be in our prayers for a great surgical out come, without complications.

Friday was to be Jo’s (tenai98) decision day.  We were happy to read that her little friend appears to have shrunk.  Great news Jo :)

Cheryl (Cheryl R) congratulations on your milestone of 1000 posts last Friday, your words of encouragement and wisdom have meant so much to us all.  Thank you for being you ;)
We are sorry to read that your husband broke his hip.  Hopefully his recovery/rehab will give him back complete mobility.  At least he is in good hands, yours!

Good vibes for all that are recovering,

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: This Week 2/21 “2010” in the AN World
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 04:41:30 pm »
Rich ~

Our collective thanks, as always - and my regards to Scarlett. 

Like you, I trust that the folks we haven't heard from as yet enjoyed successful, uncomplicated procedures.

My best to everyone listed for their respective situations and of course, my sympathy to Cheryl and her injured husband.  I, too, wish good recoveries to all.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 08:24:34 pm »
Rich, thank you so much for posting these weekly updates.   I had to comment and give an extra special thanks for mentioning my follow up.   There truly can be hope even after soome struggles  ;)    

Steve, Thank you ANS many others too for all that you do on this site!   Don't know how a lot of us could get through it all without this site and all these great people!!

With lots of appreciation,
Denise Sanford

Also, if the CHAR you mean is Char1957 that had surgery 2/8,  I noticed a post under AN Issues,  Title Char's update from surgery.   
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 09:07:39 pm by Denise S »
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 10:38:09 pm »
Tuesday is indeed Jeepers BAHA Gotcha Day - appointment is @ 2 p.m. to be exact  ;D  I emailed her this weekend and she's VERY excited to be getting her BP100.

I believe that Kevin (Amplified 2000) has cancelled his surgery this week (I just removed it from the AN Calendar) and is trying to decide whether to have surgery with Dr. Gantz in Iowa or Dr. Friedman @ HEI.

Char has checked in and is doing well.  Tod has also checked in after an amazing 32 hour surgery  :o  Hope to hear from everyone else soon.

Cheryl R - hope your husband heals fast.  

Thanks for the update, Rich.  I don't know what we'd do without you.

Jan
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 12:20:10 pm by leapyrtwins »
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 06:33:17 am »
sending wellness wishes to all enduring procedures this week... and a hearty speedy recovery to Cheryl's husband!  :-*

For those with follow ups.....continued thoughts and good vibes your way!  Here's hoping all are well and doing ok.

Thanks Rich, for once again, a terrific job in keeping us updated! You rawk! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"