Author Topic: This Week in the AN Calendar World 12/13/09  (Read 2939 times)

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
This Week in the AN Calendar World 12/13/09
« on: December 13, 2009, 11:22:51 am »
Monday Lyn (lawmama) is having retrosigmoid surgery.  Lyn, our thoughts and prayers will be with you tomorrow for a successful and uncomplicated surgery.  Draw strength from your Mom, and your children.  Their love, and your AN Family will be there as you recover.

Tuesday Joyce (Jeepers) is having her BAHA implant surgery.  Were sending positive thoughts and prayers your way for a successful procedure, and the count down to your BAHA Gotcha Day.  Have you decided on a processor yet (BP100 or Ponto), we know your were leaning toward the BP100?

Nancy’s (NancyMc) Dave is recovering from a venous aneurysm and blood clot, which required that they put in a stent on 12/4/09.  Nancy, you and Dave will both continue to be in our prayers.  Your AN Journey has been quite a challenge.  You have become the caregiver.  Dave is in good hands, hang in there you’ll get through it.

Continued well wishing to everyone on the road to recovery.

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
Re: This Week in the AN Calendar World 12/13/09
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 02:19:20 pm »
Well, I certainly did not expect to on This Week this week, but thank you for your wishes!  Dave appreciates your good vibes.  His progress is slow, but we are hopeful for an ultimate end to the discomfort.

Lawmama, I hope you have the same euphoria that I did when I graduated to postie status.  Of course, the steroids help.  ;)

Jeepers, Totally cool, so jealous, can't wait to hear what's coming from my right side some day.

Snowing here now AGAIN, so definitely a white Christmas for us.
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 02:20:12 pm »
Best wishes for your surgery Lyn.  As Rich said, draw strength from your mom and your children - as well as us.  We're here for you.  See you soon as a postie!

Jeepers, what can I say - other than great choice of doctors and procedures.  I sincerely hope you'll love your BAHA as much as I love mine.  I'll probably get my BP100 a month before you get yours, so we can compare notes on how it works.   As always, please give my best to your surgeon  ;)

Nancy, sorry to hear that Dave is still on the mend.  I'm sure you're taking good care of him and he'll be good as new in no time.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 05:39:04 pm »
Rich ~

Thanks, as always.  Many prayers and good thoughts go out to Lyn on her retro surgery (Monday) and to Joyce on her BAHA implant surgery on Tuesday.  May both be successful surgeries.

Nancy's Dave, who I briefly met at the April ANA brunch in Massachusetts, is also in our thoughts and prayers as he recovers.  With the intrepid Nancy as his caregiver, I'm sure Dave will be fine.  :)

All our recovering AN patients have our best wishes for a good week and a wonderful holiday season. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Tricia (horsekayak)

• Keenah and Tricia
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 10:04:29 pm »
Best wishes to ALL who are having procedures, implants, etc. this week....
Tricia (horsekayak)-Diagnosed 8/10/09
1.5 cm right side AN
Gainesville, GA (near horses and Lake Lanier)
Linac radiosurgery at Shands Hospital/Univ of Florida  12/1/09  Go Gators!!!

"Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way"...BT Washington

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 10:16:06 pm »
Has anyone heard from Lyn? Been thinking about her all day.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

suboo73

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 06:13:35 am »
Rich,

Thank you once again, for a wonderful summary of this week's calendar!

Prayers to Lyn and her family - can't wait to hear an update!
Good luck to Joyce on her BAHA!  I am sure you will be pleased with the results.

Nancy - more prayers to you and Dave.  We are all hoping he feels better real soon!

Have a good week everyone!
Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

Keri

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 09:02:10 pm »
I haven't been on so much lately, and am not 'up' on everyone! However, I hope and pray for peace, rest and recovery for those who are dealing with various procedures.

Nancy, I do wonder about how it's going with Dave, but not always sure where to look. It's interesting that some of the Dave posts are on the "Book Club" thread!
Thank you for sharing about his progress. We're concerned about both of you!

Thank you, Rich, for the updates.

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!