Author Topic: Acoustic Neuroma surgeons in san francisco nay area  (Read 4177 times)

lalldipesh

Acoustic Neuroma surgeons in san francisco nay area
« on: May 17, 2006, 02:30:00 am »
i live in the east bay. does anyone have good feedback on good surgeons. i am dealing with katrina stidham of CDI and so far I am quite impressed by her. By I need more information before i go under the scalpel. Thanks.

Battyp

Re: Acoustic Neuroma surgeons in san francisco nay area
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 08:26:54 am »
How big is your tumor? 
Have you thought abou house in la?
How many an surgeries has she done?
You must be comfortable and confident in your selection because you can not second guess yourself after!  Best of luck to you!

lalldipesh

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 10:29:39 am »
my an is 2.4x2.5x2.4 cm in size. i have also heard of a place called Skull Base Institute in LA. They have a minimally invasive process. Do you know anything about them. Thanks.

Battyp

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 10:54:27 am »
Yes, I spoke to them prior to making my decision and actually read some info on them and it scared me.  The hole they made is very small and if you have a bleeding problem they can not open you up fast enough to fix it.  If you had a small tumor I'd consider it but not with a large one.  I know if you do a serach on the net of them you should see some articles in regards to their services.  Let's face it, if they are going into your skull they are being invasive..what difference does it make if the hole they gone in through is 1 inch in diameter or twice that size?  I wanted them to make a big enough hole so they could see what they were doing and had plenty of room to work  LOL

I had retro due to my size and location (2.8cm and pressing on the brain stem).

I know matti is from CA she might know some good doctors for treatment.

jamie

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 01:39:24 pm »
Yes, I spoke to them prior to making my decision and actually read some info on them and it scared me.  The hole they made is very small and if you have a bleeding problem they can not open you up fast enough to fix it.

I also considered them before going with CK, I'm curious what info you read. I wasn't able to find any info on the concern of bleeding to death other than heresay, and with the competition amongst those who perform different procedures, I would really like to find some peer reviewed publications on the subject. In the event that CK were to fail, I would likely go the endoscopic route unless I found some concrete data on the dangers... 
CyberKnife radiosurgery at Barrow Neurological Institute; 2.3 cm lower cranial nerve schwannoma

matti

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 06:23:53 pm »
I am a post op AN patient (1998) with the California Ear Institute. I live in San Ramon. My doctor is Joseph Roberson who is an amazing surgeon with the ear institute . I would encourage you to see him, he is VERY experienced with AN's.  One of the things you will read on this forum over and over is make sure your surgeon has done alot of AN's.  

I would love to talk with you, I have ALOT of experience with the California Ear Institute and some with Dr. Stidham as well. 

Please e-mail me

Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

lalldipesh

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 11:41:16 pm »
thanks matti. i live in danville. my email is dipeshlall@htmail.com. perhaps we can talk. let me know.

lalldipesh

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2006, 11:43:27 pm »
matti my email is dipeshlall@hotmail.com

matti

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 09:28:24 am »
I sent you an e-mail, hope you got it.

Matti
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg