Author Topic: BrainPort balance device  (Read 2065 times)

rntiggergirl

BrainPort balance device
« on: April 26, 2006, 10:08:36 am »
Hi
I just read and article about a device that will work with the tongue to assist in providing improved balance to people who suffer from balance disorders.  The device is called "Achieve Balance" is will be starting clinical trials.  This sounds very hopeful for those of us that have significant balance issues. The web site is www.wicab.com.

I will be following this closely and I am also considering trying to participate in the clinical trials if they have a site close to me.

Cheryl

Battyp

Re: BrainPort balance device
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 10:17:26 am »
I sent them an email to see if I would be a candidate.  Their site shows they are in WI..wisconsin?  I know I found one mentioning the same thing in bradenton fl....

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 01:01:32 pm »
  I skimed quickly through the web site.  They may be looking for people with bilateral vestibular loss for their trials.  For their trails they want:

• History of bilateral vestibular dysfunction or general balance disorders for a period of at least one year

• Have reached a plateau with conventional vestibular rehabilitation

• Able to stand for a period of 20 minutes without muscle cramping

• Do not smoke or use tobacco products

1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

Battyp

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 02:43:23 pm »
I got an email from them and yes, they are currently looking for bilateral vestibular problems and starting a list with unilateral vestibular problems.  Does't hurt to get on the list I suppose?