Author Topic: Successful Surgery - officially a postie!  (Read 6163 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Successful Surgery - officially a postie!
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2010, 09:49:43 pm »
Nash -

different docs have different rules on flying post op.  Mine tells patients to wait 6 weeks.  Regardless, your husband will definitely be able to fly by spring. 

Take care of yourself while you are taking care of him.  Caretakers need rest too  :)

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Adrienne

• I'm a postie now, and it feels so much better!
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 08:07:57 pm »
Hi guys (sorry this thread has been taken a bit off topic).

Just checked with my neurosurgeon and he told me to go have fun and that when he said I can do everything after surgery, he meant EVERYthing and ANYthing.

Very happy.

Thanks everyone.
3.0 x 3.0 x 2.5 cm AN, left side.  Diagnosed Feb. 19th,2009
Retro Sig surgery with Dr. Akagami and Dr. Westerberg on May 26/09 at Vancouver General Hospital
SUCCESS! Completely removed tumor, preserved facial nerve, and retained a lot of hearing. Colour me HAPPY!

Kaybo

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2010, 08:48:07 pm »
Adrienne~
so glad you can still do this - I was wondering about the approach...forgive my ignorance...is retro sig the one where you "might" still have your hearing?  If so, that would make sense be ause everything is still in there & in place!

K ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Adrienne

• I'm a postie now, and it feels so much better!
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2010, 10:06:40 pm »
Retro sig does sometimes save the hearing (I was fortunate, and it did in my case) and I'm wondering if that's why now too (?!).  Good question! Really don't know the answer to that!
3.0 x 3.0 x 2.5 cm AN, left side.  Diagnosed Feb. 19th,2009
Retro Sig surgery with Dr. Akagami and Dr. Westerberg on May 26/09 at Vancouver General Hospital
SUCCESS! Completely removed tumor, preserved facial nerve, and retained a lot of hearing. Colour me HAPPY!