Author Topic: 11 weeks post-op  (Read 2094 times)

jross

11 weeks post-op
« on: March 03, 2010, 09:49:47 am »
Hi everyone,

First time posting but have spent many hours reading everyone's stories.   Translab surgery at House where I met Tammy and Jay - hi you guys.  I have been searching for someone who has experienced what I am feeling, but to no avail.  First of all I must say I feel lucky - no headaches, facial weakness improving about 80%, minimal balance issues and dizziness and a great two week  vacation in Negril,  Jamaica walking on the beach and swimming in the warm calm water(head above water).  Must also mention my wonderful husband and great friends who have been very supportive.

Now here's my dilemma.  Every time I touch the top of my head I get a vibration through both ears like a drum beat. .  If I run my fingers through my hair or comb my hair its more like a swoosh.  Dr. Brackmann had no explanation for this feeling but assured me it should be of no concern.  Combined with the tinnitus I have a symphony going on.  Of course I could stop touching my head, but every time I put a hat on, or wash or comb my hair  I feel it.  I've read the posts on wonky head but not sure whether this is it.  Looking forward to your comments . 
Jill

sues1953

Re: 11 weeks post-op
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 12:07:39 pm »
Hi Jill

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on having your surgery behind you.  I have not had surgery yet so I cannot give any post opp advice but I do suffer from "Wonky" head occasionally and I don't think your talking about the same thing.  I do think you might be experiencing nerve regeneration which is usually just temporary.

Best to You,

Sue in Michigan
3.2 cm AN Right side diagnosed 12/4/09
Translab surgery May 2010 with Dr. Jack Kartush and Daniel Pieper at Michigan Ear Institute.
Successful surgery .5mm left on facial nerve.  Full facial movement. SSD, Tinnitis, tongue and lip numbness.  No headaches.  Back to living life.

painter

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 01:49:07 pm »
Jill,
I'm at 11-12 weeks post op myself.  I have a lot of strange things going on too, but don't get the drumbeat by touching my head.  My tinnitus is also a very loud.
But I think you are doing great if you've already taken a trip to Jamaica.  I can't imagine swimming in the ocean at this point. Sounds like a great recovery.
Tom

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 03:23:02 pm »
Hi, Jill - and welcome to the ANA Discussion Forums. 

I'm glad to read of your successful AN surgery and what seems to be an excellent recovery...the Jamaican vacation must have helped!

Unfortunately, I have nothing of substance to offer on the probable cause of the head vibrations you wrote about.  If Dr. Brackmann doesn't have an explanation, I sure don't!  However, I suspect that as your skull heals, this sensation may well disappear or drastically abate.  I certainly hope that is the case. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.