Author Topic: I am a postie as of Jan 19th  (Read 2614 times)

CoachDJ

I am a postie as of Jan 19th
« on: February 04, 2010, 09:19:08 am »
Hi to everyone.  My AN was removed (trans lab) 2.8 x 2.6 x 2.1 on the 19th.  Doctors left 2mm on the facial nerve but I dont care.  I did have some CSF leaks but only minor ones.  I feel great, I have been back at work 2 days now and I have no facial issues whatsoever.  I have been very blessed and my doctors were nothing short of awesome.  I had the surgery in Little Rock, Arkansas.  My strength and energy level are not yet full throttle but I will slowly get back to my usual routine.  
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 09:21:38 am by CoachDJ »

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
Re: I am a postie as of Jan 19th
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 10:02:17 am »
Happy to hear of your great outcome you will bring hope to many of us.

Best Wishes,

Pat
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 12:05:30 pm »
Glad to hear everything went so well overall..  Congrats!

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 01:05:14 pm »
Wow!  Back at work already!  Be sure to put yourself to bed early every night to make sure you are getting all the rest you need to heal.  Welcome to the wonderful world od posties!
Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 02:12:53 pm »
Coach ~

Thanks for posting this impressive update.  You're obviously having a great surgery recovery.  I love these kinds of posts!  They show 'newbies' that some folks do quite well, post-op.  I'm pleased to learn that you're one of those.  You certainly are blessed. I wish you sustained healing and that your recovery continues apace.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

sues1953

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 04:45:04 pm »
Coach

Being a newbie I have to agree with Jim.  Thanks for posting and congrats! 

Sue
3.2 cm AN Right side diagnosed 12/4/09
Translab surgery May 2010 with Dr. Jack Kartush and Daniel Pieper at Michigan Ear Institute.
Successful surgery .5mm left on facial nerve.  Full facial movement. SSD, Tinnitis, tongue and lip numbness.  No headaches.  Back to living life.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 07:07:57 pm »
DJ -

we've been waiting to hear from you.  Congratulations, postie!  ;D

Back to work already!  Great news!

I returned part-time 2 1/2 weeks post op (desk job) but found myself very fatigued.  I worked in the mornings and napped (@ home, not @ work) in the afternoons before returning full-time 4 weeks post op.

Don't overdo it.  Get lots of rest.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 11:30:24 pm »
Well done DJ...take everyone's advice and get plenty of rest and don't overdo it, even if you feel "normal". You just had brain surgery and it'll take time to heal...let it! :) 
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

Mei Mei

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 04:36:08 pm »
Welcome to the world of Posties!  I can't believe you're back at work already.  Take care of yourself and make sure you get your naps in.  Did you have PT for balance the first week out?   I had that for three weeks before they discharged me.

Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

CoachDJ

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 06:46:35 pm »
No balance issues really.  The tumor destroyed the balance nerve so the doctors said that My brain and body had already adjusted.  I want to thank all of you for your help, and I want to give thanks to my 3 surgeons:  Dr d***ins, Dr Redding and especially Dr Gardner.  They were nothing byt the best and I am very thankful to each of them.  Continuing to get stronger started doing some walking (20 mins @ a time) this past week.  Still taking it easy whenever I can

DJ