Author Topic: Acoustic Neuroma Foundation website... emphasis on GK  (Read 5674 times)

jamie

Re: Acoustic Neuroma Foundation website... emphasis on GK
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2006, 01:42:22 pm »
I found the letter from H to house quite interesting along with the reply...

I found that interesting as well. It seemed as though Dr. Brackmann was saying that the patients that come to them have already made their decision, and that they don't push for one form of treatment or the other. I'll keep my comments on that to myself.  ;)
CyberKnife radiosurgery at Barrow Neurological Institute; 2.3 cm lower cranial nerve schwannoma

Windsong

Re: Acoustic Neuroma Foundation website... emphasis on GK
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2006, 05:51:37 pm »
I went on to try to read all of those abstracts ,  hundreds of them..... amazing.. from all over the world... studies, research from places all over like England, various US states, France, Italy, Japan, Germany, the Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, and on and on ....I found that really reasuring as it means study is going on out there for An's and really an An is only one type of brain tumour there are so many others etc. so it was a  pleasure to see all these places looking at "details" of having an An, treating an An, and floowing up with an An. Plus it was great to see so many of the reports from 2005....

I even found a study about tinnitus and how an anaesthetic could help it but it did say it was sort of a temporary effect and it was by IV but really it does show that medical folks are studying all this and searching for answers..... in all sorts of areas of an treatment. That's great!

I pretty much knew i was not a surgery candidate when i found out about my An. I still read up on it and met  and discussed it with doctors. My focus  was on radiation and then of course on which was best for me.....can't say my mind was made up 100% in advance lol but it's always good to read or hear about things. After all that, I had radiation and have been comfortable with my own decision from day one lol....

Even as i write that, I know some aners who have had different ways of handling theirs, and ulitmately, then, it means "different strokes for different folks".. there are so many variables easily involved and they are not all easily explained.

The best thing is that we have  access to all kinds of info and docs who tell us all we need to know for an "informed " decision.

All the best,
Windsong