Author Topic: Can things get any worse?  (Read 2265 times)

bern

Can things get any worse?
« on: February 19, 2010, 04:08:46 pm »
The last four weeks have been hell. I had to have emergency operation on my colon. Lost 6 inches of it, along with my appendix, and a large (non cancercous) tumor.  Plus 15 staples. I am overwhelmed by this and now my ear ache is pain with a vengence. I guess the pain medications from the surgery took care of it for awile. BUT now that i stopped meds., pain is severe.

I need help finding a doctor who can diagnosis this ear pain. it is in the place where my AN is located. 

i am only 46 and can't take anymore trauma to my body.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Can things get any worse?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 04:14:43 pm »
Bern ~

I'm terribly sorry to learn of your medical problems, which were critical.  I hope and will definitely pray that you can soon find relief for your ear pain.  Try to remain optimistic.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

bern

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 04:17:09 pm »
thanks for your quick response. no one seems to believe it is from my tumor. It is so bad. please pray for me. i am so sick.

Sonja

• Calendar
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 12:07:12 pm »
Bern:

So sorry to hear of your pain. I pray that you find relieve from your pain and that you heal. Like Jim said please try to stay optimistic. Demand that your doctor do somethng about the pain.

I wish you many blessings,
Sonja
Symptoms 2005
AN diagnosed January 2007
Watch & Wait until now
Surgery (Translab) scheduled February 18, 2009 HEI (Dr. House, Dr. Schwartz, Dr. Stefan)
No servicable hearing in affected ear

Tod

• My blog (work and life)
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 08:00:29 pm »
Bern,

As bad as things seem, it could well be worse....you could have had a cancerous tumor.  I am happy for you that it was non-cancerous. Small comfort that may seem, but you do have to look for the good things. Especially when you are in so much pain - exactly when it is hardest to do. Doing your best to be positive can really help in pain management.

You have my prayers and best wishes. Do try to be positive...at 46 you still have the potential of many good years ahead of you. Make it clear to all the docs you encounter just how badly you hurt....find a doc that will help you.

We are all pulling for you here...good luck!

Bob the tumor: 4.4cm x 3.9cm x 4.1 cm.
Trans-Lab and Retro-sigmoid at MCV on 2/12/2010.

Removed 90-95% in a 32 hour surgery. Two weeks in ICU.  SSD Left.

http://randomdatablog.com

BAHA implant 1/25/11.

28 Sessions of FSR @ MCV ended 2/9/12.