Author Topic: AN's and Cold Sores?  (Read 6541 times)

Mei Mei

Re: AN's and Cold Sores?
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2010, 12:01:51 pm »
I had some real bad cold sores the month before the surgery that required oral prescription medication.   i don't think this is a correlation but a coincidence because I was under stress about the oncoming surgery and all I had to prepare for.   I am prone to cold sores and hadn't had one in years.   Stress brings them on and pending AN surgery sure is a stress factor.
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

Wwoodian

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010, 02:11:39 pm »
I have had hideous cold sores since I was in my early teens.  I get probably two a year and they last two weeks.  Another interesting little tidbit in trying to make sense of anything! 
Diagnosed with 1 cm AN on 10-28-09
Middle Fossa surgery on left side 11-20-09
Dr. Friedman and Dr. Schwartz at House Clinic in LA.
No hearing loss or facial nerve problems
Severe double vision and bouncy vision
Yahoo!  Double Vision gone after 3 months!
Did a full marathon 1 1/2 yrs after surgery!

staypoz

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2010, 08:04:22 am »
This is very interesting.  I have been on an anti-viral for my cold sores for over 20 years, since I was in a clinical trial at NIH to test the drug.  As I understand it (and I'm not a medical professional!!!) some of the herpes viruses lay dormant in the nerves for years.  So, while you may be asymptomatic, you still have the virus in your system. 

Thanks for bringing this research to the forum!

staypoz

Mickey

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2010, 02:41:07 pm »
This is a interesting connection! I`m saying that if this is a possibility, more inclined to keep a very healthy lifestyle. From my research viruses, cold sores, canker, herpes, are more likelkey to flair up when resistance is low along with stress related factors. As for myself I`ve had an occasional cold sore and tiny wart here and there. Nothing to talk about. Mickey