Author Topic: I get to meet more AN'ers.....  (Read 3698 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
I get to meet more AN'ers.....
« on: April 10, 2010, 04:11:33 pm »
Ya know... if I attempted to make a full list of all AN'ers I have met over time, I know I'd miss a handful of names....

well, the list is expanding..... Sunday, for dinner, I FINALLY get to meet "Mark" and his wife as we are having dinner.... then, on Tuesday night, I get to meet "matti" (think back, you PBW crew!) and her husband as well.

I have "known" these folks for 5 years... yes, 5 years... and had yet to meet them face to face. The opportunity presented itself to me and now, after such a long time, I get to give them hugglez... not virtual, but REAL hugglez... in appreciation for the love and support over the years.

Honestly, I'm thrilled the day has finally come. I have met sooooo many AN'ers at the "Apple Dumplin'" brunches... at last years ANA Symposium in Chicago... and now, more that I get to meet.

So, with that said.... for those newer AN'ers here on the forums... I cannot recommend anymore than my words here just how terrific it is to finally meet others, that walk in our shoes, face to face... regardless if at ANA Support group meetings, at brunches (like what me or debbi in NY organize), at ANA conferences/symposiums, etc. 

Piccies will be taken, if anyone is interested... and will let you all know how it goes.

Sunday, April 18, I'll see the "Apple Dumplin" gang as well... and sending brunch wishes to all those attending the one debbi is organizing (wish I could be there to see you all as well!)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: I get to meet more AN'ers.....
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 04:16:11 pm »
Phyl, 

you are so lucky  ;D

I'm supposed to be at a meeting in Boston in August 2011.  So we have a date for lunch or dinner. 

I'll even buy.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 04:17:37 pm »
Phyl,  

you are so lucky  ;D

I'm supposed to be at a meeting in Boston in August 2011.  So we have a date for lunch or dinner.  

I'll even buy.

Jan

Jan, if for real.... I'll bbq for us!  Plu-eeeeze keep me updated!

xoxoxo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 04:20:33 pm »
Definitely for real - unless I lose my job before then - it's our annual convention and we move around a lot to cities with convention centers large enough to hold us.

Last year was San Diego, this year is Seattle, next year is Boston.

BBQ sounds grand; we'll buy some LandShark to go with it and toast our fellow Forumites  ;D
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 03:00:17 pm »
Bawsten works! Will be GREAT to see you again!

Just landed on the "left" coast...... meeting Mark in a couple of hours.... can't wait! Pics forthcoming. We know what he has meant to these forums over the years.... will  be great to say  a proper "thank you" to him  in person!

Phyl

LisaP

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 03:13:25 pm »
Hi Phyl,

I can't believe that this is my fourth trip to the luncheon.  It has been great and helpful to meet all of the different ANer's over these past two years.  I still can't believe that it has been two years for my own dx.  Thanks again for all that you do for us, the forum and organizing this lucheon.

LisaP ;D

P.S.  Opening day with the Red Sox was like being at the World Series, what a game I saw....
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 03:15:04 pm by LisaP »
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

rezski

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 04:22:00 am »
When and where is the Seattle convention?  Finally something local for me.
Caroline
1.2 x .6 cm rt side AN diagnosed July 2005
Watching and waiting - not growing for now...Patient of Dr. Backous @ Virginia Mason
2012 8 x 5 mm @ Group Health - still WW

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 08:08:19 am »
Lisa... J-E-A-L-O-U-S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Caroline, I have no knowledge about a Seattle conference.  Please check the ANA website (www.anausa.org) for support meetings... maybe something noted there. The next ANA Symposium is in Cincinnati, OH next year.

well, here ya go.... me and Mark... and I gotta tell you.... exactly what I pictured him to be!  Such hugglez... such warm person, as well as his wife. Terrific dinner, great conversation, giggles, fattening Italian food (and my MASSIVE chocolate cake dessert!).  I am truly honored to have met him after 5 longs years that he helped guide me in my AN journey and to AN wellness. I'm looking a little jetlagged in the pic but Mark puts a smile on the face.. regardless!  Next.... "matti" (cheryl). Can't wait! :)

Phyl

sgerrard

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 09:48:52 am »
That is a wonderful pic. Two legends of the ANA Forum, who turn out to be just plain folk like the rest of us.

Lookin' well, lookin' swell.  8)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 03:25:23 pm »
When and where is the Seattle convention?  Finally something local for me.
Caroline

Caroline -

I think I might have confused you.  The convention in Seattle is my employer's convention - not the ANA's convention - and it's in August.

If you want to meet a fellow Forumite and are in the Seattle-area, perhaps you and I can meet one day for lunch or dinner.

Phyl and Mark -  GREAT picture. 

Jan

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 08:57:17 pm »
All a-tither waiting for pics and updates! 
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com