Author Topic: Gamma Knife date  (Read 2961 times)

nanramone

Gamma Knife date
« on: April 19, 2010, 10:19:23 am »
Hi all -

I've made an appointment for Gamma Knife with Dr. Lunsford in Pittsburgh on May 18! How do I get this on the calendar!

I'm glad to be attacking the intruder, very soon!

Nancy

sunfish

Re: Gamma Knife date
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 11:08:06 am »
Glad to hear you made a decision!  I'll bet you feel relieved. Like I've said before, Pittsburgh has some great doctors!
Rt. side 14mm x 11mm near brain stem
Severe higher frequency hearing loss
I use a hearing aid (Dot 20 by Resound)
Balance issues improving!!!!
Cyberknife March17, 2010
Roper Hospital Cancer Center, Charleston, SC

GM

• I hate annual MRI's !!!
    • My Blog Page
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 03:39:23 pm »
CONGRATS on making your decision....that is truely the hardest part.  Best of luck on your treatment!!

GM
Originally 1.8cm (left ear)...Swelled to 2.1 cm...and holding after GK treatment (Nov 2003)
Gamma Knife University of Virginia  http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/clinical/departments/neurosurgery/gammaknife/home-page
Note: Riverside Hospital in Newport News Virginia now has GK!!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 03:47:10 pm »
Nancy ~

Congratulations on your appointment with Dr. Lunsford on May 18th.  You're on the AN Treatment Calendar -  http://my.calendars.net/an_treatments/d01/05/2010?display=M&style=B&positioning=A

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

nanramone

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 07:49:50 pm »
Thanks everyone! The best part of making the decision is that now I feel like I can relax about this a bit and get back to some work I need to do~ after this week, I'll be painting sets for Cabaret for our community theater here, which will consume much of my energy - and before I know it, I'll be leaving for NYC to see my daughter for a week, which will be followed by GK....

This has been an unusual spring season, to say the least!

Nancy

Lizard

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 08:21:21 pm »
Congrats on your decision!  And try to take a few moments to take it all in...
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 09:10:08 pm »
Nancy -

congratulations on making your treatment decision.  It's honestly one of the hardest parts of the AN Journey. 

Good luck!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

crivers

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 07:30:18 pm »
I'm glad you've made your decision and I wish you the best through the treatment process.
Cayce
Rt side AN - discovered
Jul 09: 6mmx4mmx4mm
Feb 10: 8mmx5mmx5mm

CyberKnife - Stanford - Dr. Chang and Soltys
April 5 - 9th, 2010

nanramone

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 08:22:36 pm »
Thanks to all - As many have said, making the decision seems to be difficult - since posting this, I've had the pleasure to write and/or speak directly to a group of people  (from willing to talk list) who had GK for their AN - some went to Pittsburgh, and a few had Dr. Lunsford... - over all, the info I received served as affirmation that this is the right choice for me. As I said elsewhere, I initially was so afraid of the idea of radiation - I worked at a university with athymic mice which were irradiated as part of prostate cancer research - though it had nothing to do with this, the results were sometimes negative, and I think that I was being irrational about radiation because of the mice!

Anyway, let me express gratitude for this forum - all of you who are here to offer support to those who are distressed about this problem...it provides a safe haven, for sure, at a time that can be very isolating.

I started my theater set painting today, and this is the best day I've had since late March! This thing was hardly on my mind all day.

Nancy