Author Topic: Another "wait and see" but getting close to 2nd MRI  (Read 8200 times)

melsbrock

Re: Another "wait and see" but getting close to 2nd MRI
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2010, 08:44:46 am »
OK, 2nd MRI shows NO growth.  Jeepers what a relief.  The past six months have been super scary and I am thankful to all of you and this great forum - what a great place to go with people that understand this schwannoma drama.  My Dr. doesn't even want to get another MRI for a year (unless I get scared again - I told him that I have gained about 7 pounds with nervous eating and laughingly he said to call him before I reach for the pizza again!).  I still have the ringing and Austin has been super socked in lately so I have even more of a full head feeling but I will just be thankful and learn to love my "inner ring tone"! 

I will  stay close to this site and do what I can to offer the same warm support that I received - best wishes to all!!!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2010, 03:09:25 pm »
Monica ~

Thanks for the update - and congratulations on your 'no-growth' MRI report.  Watching-and-Waiting can be stressful, as you know, all too well, but if your doctor is confident in your MRI results, you have every reason to relax a bit and get on with your life, not allowing the 'what-ifs' to consume you.  Just stay away from the 'comfort food' and you'll be fine (and slimmer, too!).

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Vivian B.

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2010, 12:46:46 pm »
Hi Monica

I just caught this post. I am glad that you continue on W & W and glad that you have found this forum. We are all here to help each other get through this rare but interesting condition.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.