Author Topic: How often do you visit the TOG?  (Read 4125 times)

cin605

Re: How often do you visit the TOG?
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2010, 04:49:28 pm »
I have had 4 since surgery.....one on second day after surgery due to pupils not dialating...one a bout a month later when my tongue was still swollen...then another 3months post op for tongue still acting up....one at one year post-op...next one coming up in july for 2 year post-op.
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

lholl36233

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2010, 05:50:35 pm »
I love that, tube of gloom.  It really was a tube of gloom for me last August when I had 2 MRIs done within a week because they didn't get pictures the first time.  I also never saw a bill for my $50 copay on that.  They were probably too embarrased to set it in to the insurance.

I'll have my next MRI in December as a 1 year follow up to my radiation.  After that it will be 18 months.  Knock on wood...
Proton Radiation for my hemangioma at MGH December 2009.  Hearing has improved.  Doing great!

Mickey

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2010, 06:44:14 pm »
I will probably be going once a year for as long as I W+W. Hopefully it won`t have a negitive affect on anything? My MRI`s are open which I can handle. Mickey

chelsmom

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2010, 08:11:39 pm »
Okay, we know that Chelsea was an unusual case, but she had MRI's every 3 months for 2 years and then they wanted to go to every 6 months.  On her first 6 months MRI they found regrowth.  So she finished her spring term at the university and went back in for surgery last June.  She had a 3 T MRI in Dec. and will go back on June 2 for another.  This time she is having a sedated MRI as the magnetic pull on her shunt gives her a lot of pain while she is in the TOG that lasts for an hour or so after the scan.  We are keeping our fingers crossed that there will not be any regrowth.

Michelle