Author Topic: Can I get a dental implant that won't interfere with MRIs?  (Read 1197 times)

lholl36233

I found an old post that said it was ok as long as the implant was made of titanium?

If anyone has a different opinion, I'd love to hear it.

Thank you.

???
Proton Radiation for my hemangioma at MGH December 2009.  Hearing has improved.  Doing great!

Doc

• “Shake off the BooHoo and get with the program”
Re: Can I get a dental implant that won't interfere with MRIs?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 04:42:24 pm »
Yes you can. It's no different than me having Stents in my Heart. The Hospital where I go has a machine that is "Stent" safe and also denture, partial and implant safe! Most, if not all modern medical facility are so equipped. Look on the Clear Choice Dental Implant web site...I believe you'll find factual info there that details material make up etc. of modern implants.

Take Care!
  ;)
Doc
Left-Translab July '09. Cyberknife Jan 2010. In Apr 2017, four more tumors found; three in the brain and one, 7cm long, on my spinal cord; it was surgically removed. It was cancerous, and so are the others. I've been receiving Chemo since June '18, and I'm still in treatment.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 09:09:29 pm »
I'd imagine that if it's titanium it wouldn't be a problem.

All my "hardware" from my AN surgery (mesh, screws, plate) are titanium and so is my BAHA abutment and MRIs aren't a problem.

Neither are the metal detectors @ the airport  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

tenai98

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 06:02:13 am »
yes you can...I've had 3 crowns since surgery and have had no problems with the MRIs....and no problem with the BAHA post either
JO
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7