Author Topic: Facial Sensations  (Read 2715 times)

silver

Facial Sensations
« on: May 12, 2010, 10:53:50 am »
I was diagnosed in the summer of 2008 with a 4 cm+ AN.  I had surgery that fall, again in the winter, (it was done in 2 surgeries because of the size) spent 6 weeks in the hospital because of some complications. I'm doing so much better now, but I wanted to ask if anybody has some constant tingling in their AN side of their face. The surgeon doesn't remember if he cut the facial nerve (he didn't in the first surgery). Those complications I'm talking about was blood on the other side of where the AN was ( I think I had a "stroke"). If anyone has some info I'd appreciate it!

2cin4

Re: Facial Sensations
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 11:07:09 am »
Tingling occurs whenever and wherever they pop their little head as we heal.  Your body still heals in its own way. Blood can come out of the non- ac ear.  You are still healing and will for about a year. I am 15 years post -op.  The Doctors don't really have to cut the facial nerve it can be stunned for a bit and come back for you.  Good luck..C

silver

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 09:39:12 am »
Thank you! :) That's encouraging, I'm chewing gum, massaging my face and consantly praying that the Lord in heaven heals me. I'm a Hispanic pastor of The Bible Missionary Church (Iglesia Misionera Bíblica). My faith in God is strong.

kenneth_k

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 02:05:48 am »
Hi Silver.

It is nice to hear, that you believe in our Lord. That will get you through a lot of earthly problems and pressure.

Hope your problems will resolve soon.

Kenneth

moe

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 12:12:15 am »
The constant tingling may be your facial nerve?
 Did they cut the nerve or was it just stretched? I think it would be a good sign to feel the sensation.
Do you now  have movement on that side of the face?
Maybe try to get your operative report from the second surgery. Most surgeons remember if they "cut" the facial nerve! You should be able to call and request the op report and have it sent or emailed to you.
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty