Author Topic: find surgeon in atlanta  (Read 3264 times)

lisa2

find surgeon in atlanta
« on: May 01, 2006, 09:26:59 am »
I was diagnosed with the neuroma this week.  Have to find an experienced neurosurgeon in Atlanta.  Does anyone have any recommendations?

daylilly

Re: find surgeon in atlanta
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 10:03:47 am »
The team of Dr. Mattox and Dr. Olson at Emory.  Do a search under physicians and you will find more posts about them.
3 cm AN
translab July 2005, Emory, Dr. Mattox, Dr. Olson
gold weight, Dr. Wojno
left-sided deaf
left-sided facial paralysis

Labott

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 09:51:27 pm »
Lisa2:

I second daylilly's reply.  The team of Drs. Mattox and Olson at Emory for surgical intervention are the best in town.  If you elect radiosurgery, then it's Drs. Mattox and Crocker.  There are others in town that specialize in one surgical technique or another.  Few have the experience and balanced point of view that you'll find with Mattox & Co.

-Labott
Radiosurgery 02/02/2006 1.2 cm  - right side
@Emory Univ Hospital: Drs. Douglas Mattox and Ian Crocker

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 01:14:46 pm »
Emory is the place.. and all, next time I'm in Alpharetta to visit my mom and sisters, would LOVE to meet you all!

Phyl :)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

daylilly

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 09:45:23 pm »
I would love to meet you all too. I live in Kennesaw.  Ya know I never had the inkling to go on a
cruise-thought I would get seasick-but, heck, since they sacrificed that balance thing, maybe that's
not a problem now.   There is also a local support group that I have not attended yet.  I have three boys,
one in high school, one in middle school, and one in elementary school, that I am busy transporting from
here to there and am very grateful that I can.    Sue
3 cm AN
gold weight, Dr. Wojno
left-sided deaf

lisa2

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 10:13:51 am »
Thanks - so far I've been referred to Atlanta Brain & Spine @ Piedmont.  Daylilly - I have 3 boys too.  One is graduating from HS, another one in HS and one in middle school.  Having to be able to function and take care of them has been a big consideration in my treatment.  I live on the southside of Atlanta in McDonough.

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 01:28:36 pm »
Hi Lisa,

Piedmont is good.  FYI, if you decide to check out radiosurgery, I know Kennestone just got Cyberknife as well as Emory offering radiosurgery. Just a thought.

Hang in there. I know you just got your diagnosis and I'm sure your mind is running in circles with all the info... but, we have good shoulders and ears (ok, some of have good ear or ears) if you need one. :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

daylilly

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2006, 06:36:18 pm »
Lisa2,
What size is your AN?  Hope it's small.  Always thought kids would take less time as they got bigger-nope.
Graduation is such a busy time. Let me know if you have any questions about my experience at Emory.   Sue
3 cm AN
gold weight, Dr. Wojno
left-sided deaf

lisa2

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2006, 08:21:52 pm »
Sue,

It's 2cm.  I think I'm going to try to get an appt w/Dr. Mattox at Emory for an opinion.

Thanks,

Lisa

daylilly

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 07:42:02 am »
Lisa,
I'm not an expert but I think 2cm is small enough for more than one option so definately get some opinions.
You can email me at r3reese@yahoo.com if you have questions about my experience with Emory. You should
have no problem getting  in with Dr. Mattox for a consultation. Bring copies of MRI films.  Sue
3 cm AN
gold weight, Dr. Wojno
left-sided deaf

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 12:18:07 pm »
Sue, next trip, will be able to meet. Sister lives in Powder Springs, so Kennesaw is nothing! looking forward to meeting you!

Phyl

daylilly

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2006, 06:16:32 am »
Phyl,
Yep-I know where Powder Springs is. I used to take one of my boys to an orthodontist there. They kept
changing the roads and finding and getting to his office was a challenge. Lots of growth around there. Let
me know when your next visit will be.  Sue
3 cm AN
gold weight, Dr. Wojno
left-sided deaf