Author Topic: doctors?  (Read 2503 times)

superrmaren

doctors?
« on: June 12, 2006, 07:47:23 pm »
I have been referred to Johns Hopkins by my ENT. Dr. Minor.
Who have you all used?
Who have you check out?
Any experiences at Johns Hopkins?
I just wanna find the best doctor for me...
maren
"the good old days weren't always good, and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems"

4.5cm tumor resected at Johns Hopkins in 2006.  Drs. Tamargo and Minor
numerous facial plastic surgeries
12-7 nerve graft 2008
platinum eye weight removed 2009
deaf right - BAHA
residual balance issues
severe dry

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: doctors?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 05:33:08 am »
Hi Maren,

Great to see you researching and reaching out for info.. you have certainly come to the right place.

I am familiar with the reputation of John Hopkins and you really are in terrific hands there. As for the physician, I am not familiar (had Cyberknife here in Boston at Beth Israel Hospital 2 mos ago).  You may also want to check the "Physicians Info" forum here... there may be good reference info there for you as well.  Link for the Physcian's Info forum:  http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?board=6.0

Hang in there... We're all in this together.
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

chopper

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 06:56:30 am »
I'll be seeing Dr. Weingart at JH to rid me of this thing.  Of all the docs I interviewed, he was by far the one that made me feel most comfortable.

My only beef with JH is the time it takes to get a damn appointment set up, but I know they're busy and scheduling can be a pain.  But hey, I'm a patient person.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 06:59:38 am by chopper »
3+cm AN, hit the chopping block 5 Sep 06 at the Skull Base Institute

Was 4.5cm at it's largest point, completely removed.  All motor functions normal.  Only complaint is SSD on the left side, which was expected anyway.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 02:37:47 pm »
I'll be seeing Dr. Weingart at JH to rid me of this thing.  Of all the docs I interviewed, he was by far the one that made me feel most comfortable.

My only beef with JH is the time it takes to get a damn appointment set up, but I know they're busy and scheduling can be a pain.  But hey, I'm a patient person.

chopper,  Love the signature line! :)  You sound in great spirits and ready to put this all behind you!  BTW, the patients need to be the pains that we can be! If it weren't for us, their (insert proper noun here ie: house/car/summer home/boat/school loans, etc) wouldn't/couldn't be paid off! :)

Hang in there!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"