Author Topic: phosphatidylcholine supplement for nerve repair  (Read 3787 times)

turbomom

phosphatidylcholine supplement for nerve repair
« on: June 07, 2010, 09:16:41 pm »
Helloo everyone,
I have started taking a supplement recommended by my physician called phosphatidylcholine. She recommended that i start taking it one month prior to surgery and to follow up taking it after surgery for about a month. Its main purpose is to assist in nerve repair. Has anyone else taken this supplement and if so, do you think it helped?
My surgery is set for July 7th at Duke-Raleigh hospital. I would appreciate lots of prayers for that day.
Cheerio,
Turbomom(Lisa)
tinnitus, mild hearing loss, occasional light-headiness, rare imbalance. Diagnosed on 07/09; 14x9x8mm intra and extra canalicular of left ear. Repeat MRI on 1/15/10...waiting for radiologist to read, but on quick review little growth shown.

dalern

• My glass is always half full
    • www.dalebarnesrn.com
Re: phosphatidylcholine supplement for nerve repair
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 06:17:43 am »
I have not taken this supplement but you can get more information here:

http://www.pdrhealth.com/drugs/altmed/altmed-mono.aspx?contentFileName=ame0344.xml&contentName=Phosphatidylcholine&contentId=500

My guess is that your doctor wants you to take this as a source of fatty acids.  It is a form of lecithin.
Good luck,
Dale
Dale Barnes, RN, MSN, CLNC
Tarzana, CA
1998 Sudden Onset Idiopathic Sensorineural  hearing loss diagnosed at House Ear Institute, Los Angeles
BAHA June 30, 2010 Dr. Jeffrey Harris UCSD San Diego