Author Topic: I'm 3 months out!  (Read 2404 times)

ddaybrat

• The Brat's Blog
I'm 3 months out!
« on: June 30, 2010, 08:10:57 pm »
Wow!  It's been 3 months since surgery.  My life has changed so much.  Thank you so much for all the support that I have received from the AN community.  I hope that I have been able to help others and will continue to do so.  I started a blog this week.  I wish I had done this in the beginning.  I think writing about everything I'm going through helps immensely.  Check out my blog at:  http://ddaybratblog.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 01:30:16 pm by Jim Scott »
1.4 x 1.5 x 0.4 cm AN on left side
retromastoid craniectomy 3/31/2010
Dr. Randy Gehring - Lafayette, IN
Tinnitis, deafness
Vestibular nerves destroyed
4 months post-op:
Facial movement returning
Paralytic ectopic repair on lower lid
Transverse ligament adjustment on upper lid

Lizard

Re: I'm 3 months out!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 08:15:46 pm »
Congrats on reaching your 3 month mark...hopefully you are beginning to feel more like yourself now.  I'm going to go check out your blog now.  Thanks for sharing.
Liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

dalern

• My glass is always half full
    • www.dalebarnesrn.com
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 11:43:18 am »
Nice blog, thanks for sharing!
~Dale~
Dale Barnes, RN, MSN, CLNC
Tarzana, CA
1998 Sudden Onset Idiopathic Sensorineural  hearing loss diagnosed at House Ear Institute, Los Angeles
BAHA June 30, 2010 Dr. Jeffrey Harris UCSD San Diego

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 01:38:55 pm »
Pat ~

I read your blog (I fixed the link so it doesn't have to be cut-and-pasted) and found it absorbing.  However, I'm sorry you have to deal with the deficits the surgery generated and that your employment future is currently murky.  I'm sure your faith in God is not only well-placed but will provide you with the peace of mind that is imperative for one recovering from AN surgery that was not complication-free. Thanks for posting and please keep us updated, even if only with a reminder (and a link) to check your blog.  Thanks.

Jim
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 01:02:19 pm by Jim Scott »
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Keri

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 06:33:10 am »
Thank you for sharing. I hope your able to find some relief for your eye. I didn't like the ointment because it was too much goop. I finally found some drops I liked that worked much better. I'm a year and a half out; I still have some eye / facial issues as well. The hearing deficit affects life too, but overall I feel great. I hope you get there too. I feel thankful to the Lord for bringing me through and also I'm very thankful for the AN forum that has supported me.

Take care and keep us posted on your progress.

My son lives in Nebraska now - near Omaha - Offutt AFB. I visited him a couple of months ago. I thought Omaha was a nice city. Do you live nearby Omaha?

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

ddaybrat

• The Brat's Blog
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 08:42:06 pm »
I'm about 80 miles from Omaha.  I've been to Offut several times.  I got a great tour a few years ago when I was dating a retired Air Force guy.  Omaha is a great town...love to spend my weekends there.
1.4 x 1.5 x 0.4 cm AN on left side
retromastoid craniectomy 3/31/2010
Dr. Randy Gehring - Lafayette, IN
Tinnitis, deafness
Vestibular nerves destroyed
4 months post-op:
Facial movement returning
Paralytic ectopic repair on lower lid
Transverse ligament adjustment on upper lid