Author Topic: 10mth update  (Read 2317 times)

stevecms

10mth update
« on: July 11, 2010, 03:57:03 pm »
Hi fellow an!ers.Just a quick update.Its been 10 mths since the op,had to endure the tube of gloom today and due to see the cosultant early august.Its very strange how the symptons change day to day.Some days the metal/salty taste are very strong other days hardly noticeable.Tight area around scar also varies in pressure but you always know its there.Thankfully tinnitus isnt a major problem,the only things that set it off is having a nap and yawning.Balance getting better even managed a bike ride with wifey,but walking in the dark is still a problem.+ a few mild ear pains and some tingles in the facial area.Just need some good news from docs next month keep everything crossed for me guys thx for listening,steve :)
4 cm acc neuroma 99.9% removed queen elizabeth hospital 6 sept 09 by dr walsh.thought it was trigeminal neuralga,lots of facial pain for 18mths,now deaf on rh side little taste and ear pressure.13 hour surgery.

Jackie

Re: 10mth update
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 04:15:13 pm »
Hello Steve,

Sounds like you're making great progress with your recovery!! So glad to hear from you. I will continue to keep you in my prayers and that you get stellar results from your MRI. I so can relate to you about that tube of gloom, but thank-goodness we have that ability. Blessings coming your way to you and wifey,
Jackie in oregon
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 10:00:04 pm »
Steve -

thanks for the update; sounds like things are going well for you and you are making definite progress.

I'm 3 years post op and I still have some problems walking in the dark.  I think it's just the nature of the beast.

Hope your MRI is "clean".

Best,

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Cheryl R

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 07:18:47 am »
My surgeon told me that it is likely one will always have problems with the walking in the dark no matter how good you you get otherwise!       I hate having to walk in the dark!
                                                               Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 01:28:40 pm »
Steve ~

Thanks for your 10-month update.  It seems as if you're enjoying a good recovery, although it takes time and some things are never exactly the same.  I share the 'walking in the dark' deficit which I work around by avoiding walking in the dark.  ;)  Best wishes on the MRI report.  I'm confident that it will be 'unremarkable'.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

skamper

• Disneyworld with my girls!
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 09:28:30 pm »
Great news on your recovery process.  Here's hoping you get good news from your scan.
I haven't notice problems walking in the dark yet.  I do get the tightness in the scar area though.
Good luck,
Susan
Diagnosed 12-09
AN right side 2.3 x 2.6 x 1.9
97% balance loss, minimal hearing loss
Surgery 4-2-10 at Methodist Hospital, Dr. Long and Moore
1.5 cm tumor left on 7 nerve.  Gamma knife 1-2013