Author Topic: weird question  (Read 2095 times)

tenai98

weird question
« on: July 14, 2010, 07:57:13 pm »
Does an AN affect other parts of the body besides the head?? since my new symptons appeared, my an side upper arm is sore like I pulled it...There is no reason why it should hurt...I havent bumped into anything, i havent lifted anything heavy and the doc there is no anatomical reason how an AN would affect it.  Has anyone else experienced this?? 
JO
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: weird question
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 10:00:49 pm »
Haven't had this issue; nor have I heard of it.

Hope it's nothing serious.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

opp2

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 11:32:35 pm »
Does an AN affect other parts of the body besides the head?? since my new symptons appeared, my an side upper arm is sore like I pulled it...There is no reason why it should hurt...I havent bumped into anything, i havent lifted anything heavy and the doc there is no anatomical reason how an AN would affect it.  Has anyone else experienced this?? 
JO

It could be stress and you just don't know it. You could be tense at night, sleeping. With the new symptoms, your son away in the Stan, and the other one getting married in two weeks, you certainly have reason. The an will affect on the same side within the head, but once the nerves start to make their way down the neck, they crossover--so I believe you'd have soreness on the other side were this related to the AN.

Hang in there kid!
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

DR

• Dennis vs. The Tumor
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 07:30:49 am »
Can't say I experienced anything like you describe.  The idea that stress may be causing it sounds plausible to me.

One quick question - you mentioned bumping and lifting, how about throwing?  I ask this because earlier this summer I woke up with a very sore right shoulder (same side as my AN.)  The pain went down my arm into my elbow.  It seemed odd to me until my wife reminded me I had been playing baseball with the kids the evening before.  Apparently throwing the ball for 45 minutes straight can lead to some muscle aches when you get older.  Who knew!  ;)
AN right side 12mm x 9mm x 9mm
Middle fossa surgery 11/4/09 at House (Dr. Brackmann/Dr. Schwartz)
Tumor removed, no facial issues, hearing intact!
http://denvstumor.blogspot.com/

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist."

tenai98

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 08:11:16 am »
DR
Nope no throwing ball but it is the arm I use to grab the wheel (driving instructor here) and take over the driving in bad situations,so that could be it...and given that my car is mid-size I do have a stretch to reach for....think I'll chalk it up to that.
JO
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

Vivian B.

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 08:57:36 am »
I have experienced a bit of pain in my right arm and numbness in my hand, but have no idea if it is related.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

mk

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 09:43:26 am »
It can be a host of unrelated reasons. My right arm was very sore, up to the shoulder a few months ago. AN is on the right side too. I am pretty sure that the soreness was from the repeated mouse usage on the computer - I was very busy during that time and constantly on the computer. Once I tried a more ergonomic position the problem resolved slowly. Work-related actions that are done repeatedly during the day (like grabbing the steering wheel) could very well explain what you are experiencing.

Marianna
GK on April 23rd 2008 for 2.9 cm AN at Toronto Western Hospital. Subsequent MRIs showed darkening initially, then growth. Retrosigmoid surgery on April 26th, 2011 with Drs. Akagami and Westerberg at Vancouver General Hospital. Graduallly lost hearing after GK and now SSD but no other issues.