Author Topic: Picture!  (Read 5033 times)

inmaine724

Picture!
« on: July 28, 2010, 06:48:47 pm »
And here, finally, is at least a pic so those of you who are so sweet to answer me and follow my progress, can see what I look like!!  I can't seem to get the profile pic up, not sure why, but this is one of me, my husband and my girls here in Maine...  :-)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30093343&l=9611f76b2c&id=1412268748

...Danielle
Happiness grows in direct proportion to your acceptance, and in inverse proportion to your expectations.--Michael J Fox

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Picture!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 01:43:14 pm »
Danielle ~

Thanks for posting the link to your Facebook photo.  Nice looking family!  :)

Sorry about the avatar photo hassle.  :(

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

dalern

• My glass is always half full
    • www.dalebarnesrn.com
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 07:59:36 pm »
Great photo and adorable kids!  Enjoy them....they grow up all too fast.  I am now enjoying my GRANDCHILDREN and don't know where the time has gone!
~Dale
Dale Barnes, RN, MSN, CLNC
Tarzana, CA
1998 Sudden Onset Idiopathic Sensorineural  hearing loss diagnosed at House Ear Institute, Los Angeles
BAHA June 30, 2010 Dr. Jeffrey Harris UCSD San Diego

JimmyD

• Don't sweat the small stuff
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 08:09:02 am »
Just got back from Blue Hill Maine.Beutiful place.
Good luck(and tell your husband to lose the Patriot hat LOL ;D
Glioma Tumor left optic nerve 1960,RS AN 2.2CM FSR 5 treatments @JHH by Dr Williams in 1999 & LS AN 2.6CM 30 treatments 2007 by Dr Brian Chon@Centra State,NJ.Blind in L.eye,deaf in R.ear.Test for NF2 came back negative.Doing OK.

inmaine724

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 10:03:03 am »
One of my closest friends is from Blue Hill.  Maine is the place to be, it's gorgeous.  And the Patriot hat stays!  :-)
Happiness grows in direct proportion to your acceptance, and in inverse proportion to your expectations.--Michael J Fox

moe

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 10:20:31 am »
Hi Danielle,
Belated welcome, beautiful family (I can see where the kids get their looks!)
Have read your other posts, and just want to say HI.
I totally understand the facial nerve scare. I actually didn't give it a second thought going into surgery, because  I had NO facial symptoms prior to my AN surgery.  But low and behold, the tumor had been in there about 10-15 years and had totally obliterated the facial nerve and its branches.
Weird. ???
There ARE surgeries that can help, if it comes to that. So I'd say stay optimistic, stay positive, (SAY My facial nerve will be fine!)  and keep smiling! Interesting topic from previous post.
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

JimmyD

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 01:15:03 pm »
One of my closest friends is from Blue Hill.  Maine is the place to be, it's gorgeous.  And the Patriot hat stays!  :-)
My brother in law has a camp on Toddy Pond.He is from the Wescott family tied in with the Astburys and Grindals.
Small world.
Jim
Glioma Tumor left optic nerve 1960,RS AN 2.2CM FSR 5 treatments @JHH by Dr Williams in 1999 & LS AN 2.6CM 30 treatments 2007 by Dr Brian Chon@Centra State,NJ.Blind in L.eye,deaf in R.ear.Test for NF2 came back negative.Doing OK.

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 03:51:11 pm »
Beautiful family...and beautiful scenery!  Looks so cool and refreshing.  I need to focus on that down here in steamy, hot Houston  :D.

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

JimmyD

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 05:44:43 pm »
I have friends in Rosharon and Angleton TX. Hot and steamy is right.
Jim

inmaine724

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 06:45:38 pm »
Beautiful family...and beautiful scenery!  Looks so cool and refreshing.  I need to focus on that down here in steamy, hot Houston  :D.

Priscilla

It is beautiful here.  It's been a hot summer though.  Humidity has been horrible.  That picture was taken down in Cape Elizabeth here in Maine. Only about an hour from where I live.
You guys have had a hot summer as well.  We're hoping to come to San Antonio with the kids one of these vacations.  :-)

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 11:44:54 am »
Spring break would be a good time.  Actually Oct-Nov, then early spring are good months.  The Riverwalk is all stone and heats up pretty quickly in hot weather months.
I have been to Maine and think it is a lovely state.  Good people and good values.
Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.