Author Topic: brain zaps  (Read 6871 times)

madison

brain zaps
« on: July 28, 2010, 03:33:19 pm »
hi everyone. i am dealing with life as an A.N.er  as best i can. i guess it could be worse. i just hate not knowing how i'm going to feel from
day to day. lately i've had these sensations i call brain zaps..almost like a vibration feeling in my entire head. i went online and it said it's common for people
withdrawing from antidepressants. i have never taken any though. i couldnt find any other info. i was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. i apreciate your comments and/or advice. i also hope to find that i am not alone.thank you in advance :)
Pennsylvania:female: 40 yrs. old
R ACOUSTIC NEUROMA;GAMMA KNIFE FEB. 2008
multiple meningiomas
scheduled for translab @ Thomas Jefferson in Phila. Pa. on 6/18/2012

Lizard

Re: brain zaps
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 08:34:57 am »
Madison,
I stopped taking cymbalta due to the lightning bolt feeling I got all the time, started at my feet and went all the way up to the top of my head.  However after surgery I have really bad tinnitus and I get little zaps in my head that I hear in the AN ear.  Its usually when I lay in bed at night, when I'm tired and its really quiet in the room.  If yours is like this I wouldn't worry about it, just your nerves doing funny things.  However if you do not have what I've described I don't think it will hurt to talk to your Dr.

you are not alone  :D
Liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 12:57:06 pm »
I have had brain zaps daily since Aug of 2005, I wasn't diagnosed with a facial neuroma until Sept 2006.  I am on Lyrica and I still have them, sometimes the intensity will stop me in my tracks and I have to hold on to my head. 

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

sunfish

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 08:46:16 am »
I had these sensations before and in the couple months after CK.  I haven't had any in a few weeks.  To me, these feel kinda creepy/yucky.  Creepy because you just can't describe this stuff to people who haven't experienced it - they think I'm nuts.
Rt. side 14mm x 11mm near brain stem
Severe higher frequency hearing loss
I use a hearing aid (Dot 20 by Resound)
Balance issues improving!!!!
Cyberknife March17, 2010
Roper Hospital Cancer Center, Charleston, SC

kma

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 02:56:13 pm »
I get these all the time.  Mostly in the morning and at night.  I notice it at night in bed ~ when it's quiet.  Sometimes a sound or movement will trigger it.  I notice it in the morning after my shower.  And you are right........people think I"m crazy when I describe it.  The doctors all look at me like I'm nuts!!  I even feel it sometimes down my arm during the zap.  I"m sorry you all experience it but I have to tell you there is a bit of relief seeing that someone else feels what I feel.  Though it's not painful so much...it is disturbing...upsetting and I'm still trying to find an explaination. 
Retrosigmoid on 02-06-09 by Dr. LaRouere (Michigan Ear Institute) and Dr. Pieper.  Perfect hearing, perfect balance, no tinnitus and no headaches before surgery.  Right SSD, loud tinnitus and crazy headaches after surgery.  BAHA surgery 07-29-09 ~ still working on tune-ups...don't love it ~ YET!!

ddaybrat

• The Brat's Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 10:47:16 pm »
I call these silent or ghost tremors.  My head feels like it's shaking, but it isn't.  I ask other if it is and they don't see it.  I touch it with my hand and can't feel it.  But, my brain seems to be shaking or shivering inside my head.  It's weird.  I'm 4 months out and they continue.  They seem to be worse when I'm tired or stressed.

Pat
1.4 x 1.5 x 0.4 cm AN on left side
retromastoid craniectomy 3/31/2010
Dr. Randy Gehring - Lafayette, IN
Tinnitis, deafness
Vestibular nerves destroyed
4 months post-op:
Facial movement returning
Paralytic ectopic repair on lower lid
Transverse ligament adjustment on upper lid

Patti

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 01:58:11 am »
daily for years-even down the arm.  they would stop me in my tracks, too.  mostly when i was quiet.  now it rarely happens.  when it does i am totally reminded of my past health and fear a re-growth. 
4 cm AN removed 12/2000
subsequent brain swelling
removal of part of cerebellum
face, scalp,tongue numbness and partial paralysis
no corneal sensation and no tears-frequent eye issues
cognitive issues
Regrowth (3.1 x ..86 cm) treated by SRS on November 6, 2015

cin605

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 11:55:12 am »
I get these also..acompanied by an electric guitar string plucking noise....makes me wake out of a sound sleep.
Check this old post out...or typ in noise in head in the search space.....funny..but not funny....old post in hearing section/What kinds of noises do you hear?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 12:06:23 pm by cin605 »
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old