Author Topic: ssd and Humana news  (Read 2259 times)

lmurray69

ssd and Humana news
« on: April 06, 2006, 05:23:15 pm »
I wanted everyone to know maybe you are not as stupid as me.. I had to join the drug program because of my disability and they gave me humana.. This is what i did not know.. They wont cover diabetic meds or testing supplies.. they have a 10.75 cost for the service a month, then there is a 250.00 a month deductable.I  was told my meds cost over 1000.00  a month .. so i could not get them.. my neurontin alone is 250.00 a bottle, the lansets are 39.00 the pills  I could go on. but i wont bore you just be carefull..Humana is not that great..I am trying to weed off all my pills.I cant pay the price so i have to do something.I checked with the manafacture and they have programs to help but becuse I  have medicare and medicade they wont help my medicade is 254.00 copay a month...
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

Battyp

Re: ssd and Humana news
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 05:52:34 pm »
L have you checked with HRS and their med program?  I know in FL if you're on medicad or medicare and you can't afford you medication then they have a program based on income that will cover up to four free meds a month.  My grandmother, ex friend and a friends mother is on it. 

Have you checked with the PPA program?  A lot of drug companies have their own plans you just have to scout the info and apply.  Also, DO NOT hesitate to ask your doctor for a month supply.  They get the meds in and often times dont' dispense them and they expire and get trashed.  My endo would give me a 3 week supply of my diabetic med, and free monitor.  I've had to pay my for my lancets and test strips. 

Hope that helps.!

Raydean

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 06:00:58 pm »
You're ahead of me.  I've been dragging my feet hoping that they would extend the deadline and maybe fix the many problems that has yet to be addressed.  As for me since I'm not on any medication full time I'm choosing a lower cost plan, which will keep me from being penalized in the future.  Still dragging my feet, I'll sign up around the end of the first week of May., (or maybe on the 14th)  As I understand it there will be opportunities to switch plans on a yearly basis. Which I'll do when my health sitation changes.

As to your situation.  Have you talked to your druggist or Doctor?  Perhaps they know of a way for you to continue taking the medications.  (  Maybe ask for some of the samples Doctors are given.)

Thinking of you
Raydean
written for Chet

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Kilroy1976

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 09:19:44 am »
my neurontin alone is 250.00 a bottle

I don't know if it'll help you, but Neurontin is available in generic. It's called gabapentin.
1.8cm AN
Linac
December 13, 2005
Shands Hospital--University of Florida