Author Topic: Update- 25 days after surgery  (Read 2342 times)

maro

Update- 25 days after surgery
« on: September 15, 2010, 10:40:03 am »
Hello all, My husband had surgery on August 20Th, spinal fluid leakage from his nose two days after surgery that was fix with a lumbar drain, 11 days after surgery the right side of his face was paralyze, started with steroids and the problem was fixed, no tears yet but he can close his eye and blinks,   headaches nothing took the pain away until he tried Excedrin and seems that was the only pills  that helped, 17 days after surgery leakage from the sutures, doctors use the same suture that broke open to get all the fluid behind his ears (Pseudomeningocele) and it is almost flat now. CT scans shows no infection. Overall he is doing good, thanks for all the help and information during this journey. MARO

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Update- 25 days after surgery
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 11:32:42 am »
Maro -

sounds like your husband has been through a lot, but it also sounds like he's finally on the road to recovery.  Thank goodness!

Hope the rest of his recovery goes smoothly.

Best,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

maro

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 12:18:17 pm »
Thanks Jan, I will keep you updated!!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 02:07:52 pm »
Maro ~

Thanks for the update on your husband's AN surgery.  I'm sorry he ran into those complications but I'm pleased to learn that he seems to be doing fine, now.May his recovery continue apace.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

maro

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 08:48:21 pm »
Thanks  Jim for your kind words! Was  a blessing to find this site.  MARO