Author Topic: One year post GK MRI  (Read 1993 times)

Louise UK

One year post GK MRI
« on: October 18, 2010, 12:18:21 pm »
Hi everyone,

Tomorrow is my first MRI one year after my GK treatment. Im a bit nervous about the outcome, I dont know if ill get the results the same day, or prehaps ill have to wait. I would obviously prefer not to have to wait for the results, but who knows what the process is. I know from what i've been told and from reading other people's experiences that I shouldn't expect to see too much change, if any, after one year. I haven't really felt like i've had an increase in any symptoms. Im SSD in the right ear anyway, I have tinnitus, which I had pre op,(debulked, then GK for the rest), I dont feel like this has changed and my balance seems the same. My balance isn't brilliant but I dont feel as if it got worse or better. I do get a sort of tingling in my cheek from time to time, but this comes and goes. So all in all, I feel pretty much the same as before I had the GKS. It will be interesting to see what the MRI shows though. Just thought id share where im at with you all.

Thanks,

Louise. x

TP

Re: One year post GK MRI
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 01:18:18 pm »
Louise I wish you the best tomorrow. I had my final brain MRI last week. I didn't have to have one last year so going this year I was a little apprehensive. I had my AN removed in 2006 and they had to leave a little bit of the tumor on the bone next to my brain stem. The great news is my little bit of tumor that is remains has NOT grown any since 2006. My DR released me and I do NOT have to go back and see him. YEA!

With my Dr visit, I schedule my MRI and then my Dr's appt is scheduled about 2 hours after the start of my MRI. After my MRI is over, I walk over to my Dr's office and his room is full of patients (this past time rather older patients)....He actually calls me ahead of everyone else (that is always nice) and talks a little and then we walk over to his computer room where he has several monitors up and all my brain MRIs are loaded into his computer and we view my MRI's. I have facial paralysis and was hoping it would get better. We could clearly see my nerve (can't remember which #) that controls my face is in tact but based on what he told me my paralysis will not get better if it hasn't by now. I was sorta bummed but never thought it was going to improve since I also had double vision too (had that surgery in 2007).

In any event. now that my very expensive insurance has gone up and the benefits have been reduced, this was my first year I had to pay some of my MRI. I work for a very large IT worldwide company and we have wonderful coverage of which I am blessed but I was shocked that I had to pay 20% for my MRI. The great news is it was my LAST one hopefully for a very long time!!! 
4+cmm left retromastoid of cerebellopontine angle tumor removed 6/5/06; Dr. Eric Gabriel, St. Vincents, Jacksonville, FL
Left ear hearing loss, left eye gold weight, facial paralysis; 48 year old female. Dr. Khuddas - my hero - corrected my double vision

nanramone

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 04:10:09 pm »
Hi Louise - I hope all goes well for you. It seems like in most cases, people get good news from the follow up MRIs. It's good when people keep coming back with progress reports.
Keep us posted~

Nancy

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 10:17:01 pm »
Good luck, Louise.

Please let us know how your MRI looks.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways