Author Topic: first post op MRI today 11:00.  (Read 2600 times)

opp2

first post op MRI today 11:00.
« on: October 05, 2010, 06:51:38 am »
I wonder if that is why I have a headache. Perhaps some subconscious stressing going on. I didn't think I was thinking about it. Of course I've got this reno project going on and my house is in week three of being torn apart waiting for carpet that was supposed to come last Monday and likely won't til after this Monday (Which is Canadian Thanksgiving so stores are closed Monday for employees to have a day with family).

I fly to Vancouver next Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing and some internet friends (and Dr A of course).
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: first post op MRI today 11:00.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 08:05:48 am »
Nikki .....

Sounds like enough reasons to have a headache!!

Many prayers for a clean MRI.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Lizard

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 10:46:12 am »
Hope your MRI results are positive, and I can totally understand why you would be under stress...headache city if you ask me.  Hope things get better when you finally get your carpet put in.
Try to take some time to relax, it sounds like you need it right now.

Please let us know what your results say.  I have mine coming up too and I'm a little worried, but I guess that comes as part of the AN journey...
Liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 12:06:53 pm »
Opp2,

The weather has been really crappy also.  Sunday was a rotten day for me and today isn't great.  There are so many factors, I hope and pray it is from the stress you are feel over the reno's and Thanksgiving.

Take care neighbour, 

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 12:07:57 pm »
PS

Where are you having your MRI?  And good luck!!!  :-* :-* :-* :-*
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 02:46:26 pm »
Nikkii ~

Home renovations would give anyone a headache and having your first post-op MRI scheduled around the same time is just another stress factor, as you surmised.  I'm sure the MRI report will be what you're hoping for - then you'll be able to get back to waiting for your new carpet - and a more livable home.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

opp2

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 03:47:22 pm »
Hey, it went well..as well as an MRI can I guess. This one was quite bumpy near the end, actually bounced the bed...very odd. I did have the contrast dye this time as well. The only side effect I felt was likely from lying with my eyes closed for an hour, but I really had a hard time focusing on anything up close (black berry for example) for about 2 hours.

It was really busy so I had to wait for the disc but it sure looks good. I can't see anything that looks like the remnants of an AN and my brain stem looks almost back to shape. There appears to be some slight indentation still but I don't notice any side effects, so hey, it's all good in my books.

Now I really am excited to go to BC. I had a nice warm soup for lunch and shopped for new chairs for the new breakfast bar...eat, shop, spend, what more could a girl ask for  ;D
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 03:54:52 pm »
Nikki ~

Congratulations!  I knew the MRI scan wouldn't be anything to worry about.  Enjoy your shopping trip and your soup.  You deserve them.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

tenai98

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 04:43:03 pm »
good news...keep it up...enjoy your trip out west
JO
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm