Author Topic: Cold head Complaints  (Read 1447 times)

kareno

Cold head Complaints
« on: October 27, 2010, 08:32:33 am »
My husband Mark had a 3cm AN surgery 6 months ago.  He is complaining of coldness in his head near the surgery area. He thinks it could be from the plate in his head.  Does anyone have any info for me.
Caregiver:  Husband 3.0cm diagnosed 1/10, Retrosigmoid Surgery 4/10 Tufts Medical CTR Boston, Dr. Carl Heilman-Exceptional Surgeon

Funnydream

• Texas in my room crying. Guys can't cry. DARN IT.
Re: Cold head Complaints
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 03:40:43 pm »
Sorry to hear that. A cold spot on my head would annoy me. That's for sure.

What is the plate made of?

Room temperature metal only feels cold because heat will try and equal librium from your body faster then something like wool. So I really don't think what the plate is made of will make any difference.

NOT being a doctor. Sounds like feeling nerves. I hope someone that's a vet or has more knowledge can post a good answer for you.
Age 42, AN left, 2.8cm
left hearing gone, balance getting better.
16 hour Surgery 9-27-10 CSF leak fix 10-4-10 3 hours
Miracle I feel my left face and tongue again.
If we evolved from monkeys into humans? When do we stop being human and become something else? What would that something else be?

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Cold head Complaints
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 03:59:05 pm »
Hi, Karen ~

I'm sorry to learn that your husband is having this issue.  I'm not a physician and cannot offer you a 'professional' opinion but I can tell you that this situation ('cold spot' at the incision site) is somewhat of an anomaly.  The 'plate' is most likely titanium mesh and shouldn't emit a 'cold' sensation.  As FD stated, it could be nerve-related but the best answer for this question will come from his doctor.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.