Author Topic: Infrared scans  (Read 1563 times)

Palace

• Palace
Infrared scans
« on: November 16, 2010, 02:08:37 pm »
Hello Everyone:

Here is some interesting news I picked-up while having my annual MRI this morning.

In an effort to spur a citywide move toward energy efficiency, Boston officials plan to use infrared scans to raise awareness of how much heat is escaping from the city's homes and businesses.  The city's Redevelopment Authority hopes the infrared images will encourage residents and businesses to better unsulate their buildiings.  The infrared scans, which will cover every square foot of Boston, may be the first of their kind in a major American city.  Infrared cameras will capture the images from aircraft and at street level.  A mechanical engineering professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, compared the infrared scans to prospecting for oil, except businesses will search for heat leaks instead of oil reserves.

A $70,000 grant from the Barr Foundation, a private philanthropic organization in Boston, will fund the project.  The city says the work will probably be completed by the end of next year.

I usually get the same MRI person who works at Dominican MRI in Santa Cruz, CA.  This time I got a different person.  I was in and out quickly and for the first time I got pads put over my ears along with using my musician's ear plugs.  It was so much more quiet for me and not a grueling experience as usual with the loud noises.

I sent off my copy (with the correct format) to Stanford and got a copy for myself.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 07:20:44 pm by Palace »
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

Palace

• Palace
Re: Infrared scans
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 04:33:08 pm »
This morning when I went for my latest MRI.  I felt experienced and left my ankle-bracelet on.  (no need to remove that)  They let me keep it on.  I took my earrings off though.  Now I've got the 8th MRI done and will look at it soon on my own computer.  

« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 07:18:18 pm by Palace »
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Infrared scans
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 10:38:57 pm »
Palace -

hope your MRI is clean.

Keep us posted.

Best,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways