Author Topic: New concerns  (Read 2804 times)

stevecms

New concerns
« on: December 07, 2010, 03:47:51 pm »
Hi guys,hope you can help.Had a mild ear infection for about a week or so with a waxy looking disharge.Had a spray from doctor and it seemed to be clearing up but now its back.The thing thats concerning me is some slight bleeding from that ear.(an ear) worried
4 cm acc neuroma 99.9% removed queen elizabeth hospital 6 sept 09 by dr walsh.thought it was trigeminal neuralga,lots of facial pain for 18mths,now deaf on rh side little taste and ear pressure.13 hour surgery.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: New concerns
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 04:10:31 pm »
Steve ~

We can't diagnose this for you but it definitely needs to be seen by a physician, as soon as possible.  Bleeding from the ear is not good no matter what the cause.  It may be AN-related but only a doctor can make that diagnosis.  Call him.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

stevecms

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 04:27:53 pm »
Thanks Jim nice to know you & other good people are there for us,i will see doc and im glad the forum is back.I for one felt very alone without it :)
4 cm acc neuroma 99.9% removed queen elizabeth hospital 6 sept 09 by dr walsh.thought it was trigeminal neuralga,lots of facial pain for 18mths,now deaf on rh side little taste and ear pressure.13 hour surgery.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 04:39:05 pm »
Steve .....

Jim is "spot on."  You need to have your doctor evaluate the cause of this discharge.  And, I too am glad we are back up and running!!

Prayers.  Let us know what you find out.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 11:55:31 pm »
Steve -

as Jim said, call your doc.

I hope this turns out to be nothing but a minor problem.

Please keep us posted.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 08:45:50 am »
Yes, you'll notice a lot of us repeating that same mantra over and over...we aren't doctors (well most of us isn't) so get yerself in that doc asap!! I hope it all turns out well, let us know what it's about...
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

stevecms

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 04:37:02 pm »
Hi guys,first of all thanks for listening.Nobodys understands these problems like fellow an:ers,its good to know your there.Good news in a way the infection got worse so s. :)tronger antibiotics given.I was thinking allsorts last night but not two serious.Once again thank you from the other side of the pond.PS started new job last wed after 18 mts of unemployment

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 05:02:53 pm »
Steve ~

Congratulations on the new job!  Sorry about the infection and I trust the antibiotics will clear it up, soon.

Cheerio!

Jim   
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.