Author Topic: Surgery was Dec. 7th  (Read 7067 times)

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: Surgery was Dec. 7th
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2011, 03:16:48 pm »
Emom .....
before I started that awful feeling of being a ragdoll with a hole in her toe where the sawdust was leaking.

Love your example!  How true it is and only those of us on here can truly understand it!

As for the leaning forward feeling ..... this is the brain adjusting to the new vestibular signals (or lack thereof).  I still feel this way when I am in a dimly lighted environment or extremely tired ..... although I feel like I am leaning to the left.  It is very normal and will lessen as your brain adjusts.

So happy for you being back to reading!! Yaaaaaay.

Continued thoughts and prayers.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

emom

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2011, 04:23:30 pm »
Thank you most kindly!  Good health to all.

emom

cin605

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2011, 06:40:57 pm »
great to hear your recovery is coming along good...some times the steroids they give you after take you for a ride on the emtional rollercoaster.
patience and time....that heavy head is normal...bobble head or fishbowl head or bowling ball head.
grogery shopping killed me at first now i do not dread it so much...i would try to hurry through weeble dow the isles and avoid people at all cost out of fear of running into them becouse my perceptin was so off.
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

emom

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2011, 01:29:24 pm »
So far I have been VERY lucky.  I don't really have any perception problems (other than"leading with my head" forward when I walk), and my eyesight is pretty stable.  A little trouble focusing after I move my head.

The remaining major problem is just the amazing tiredness.  I am pretty much good for almost 2 hours, then bed rest.  Sigh. 

I know - I know - PATIENCE.  God and I are discussing that, as of this moment, lol.

Thanks, friends.

emom

cakulmom

• My Son-My Inspiration
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2011, 09:08:09 pm »
I had my surgery a week before you (Nov. 30) and you could be my twin.  Reader, knitter, etc., all of it.  Same stuff going on.  Never ever in my life depressed, but I was, in spades, the first 3 weeks post surgery.  I still don't know why because like you, I had a reasonably good outcome and having gone through my son's Grade IV brain cancer journey in 2009 with no depression, this was totally unexpected.  Thank God the awful headaches I had for 2 weeks are gone or I would still be depressed!

But tonight I'm sitting in a hotel in Rolla, MO on our way to Oklahoma City for a quilt show (we vend).  So I'm back to work and functioning fairly well...even driving through the snow storm (which in this part of the country, they do NOT know how to handle).  Of course, I had to see the eye doc this morning because it turns out I have a scratched cornea (from the continual eye dryness, post surgery), but with my green eyes, the red infected part makes my eye look very Christmasy (albeit 2 weeks too late)!  So now I can laugh about these little setbacks.  You will too.  I'm even used to the really loud tinnitus now--like an old friend--the new normal.

So, 6 weeks post-surgery, you'll be better and happier.  Get a Kindle--you can change the font.  I recommend the Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins.  Kind of science fiction in the Lord of the Flies vein...very mind distracting...just the thing to take your mind off "you."  Be well...life goes on.
Age: 61 on Jan. 4.  Retrosigmoid for 2.2 cm AN on Nov. 30, 2010. Loyola-Leonetti & Anderson.
SSD left AN side.
There is nothing "benign" about this tumor.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2011, 11:52:17 am »
Glad both of you "Twins" are recovering well now.  Since you are both avid readers, it occurred to me you might want to check out the Book Club thread on this forum:  http://www.anausa.org/smf/index.php?topic=5989.0

Last summer several of us read the whole Hunger Games trilogy ..... you might enjoy exploring the discussion.

Also, we are always looking for good reading ideas so join in the fun!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

emom

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2011, 01:25:55 pm »
Cakulmom, I think you are right.  It is officially 5 weeks today, and I do feel better and stronger every day.  It is SERIOUSLY irritating to feel good enough to go one day and needing bed rest the next, but........I guess I'm just going to get used to it.

I'm primarily a British cozy mystery fan.  I just finished three Poirot's of Agatha Christie.  When I am feeling somewhat under, I find great comfot in the wonderful old "Golden Age" detective fiction.  I do like science fiction, but mostly either the fantasy kind or the good old Heinlein or Asimov variety.

Right now I am just enjoying to the hilt the fact that I CAN READ!!!!!!!  Oh joy.  :)

emom