Author Topic: Lynn is a postie!  (Read 3425 times)

hendi51

Lynn is a postie!
« on: March 15, 2011, 08:38:08 pm »
Lynn was in surgery 6 1/2 hours but is doing good. He is having some dizziness and his mouth droops a little on the AN side but will get better. They were able to get all the tumor and it was on his facial nerve more that the drs thought. Hopefully tomorrow he feel even better.
My husband had translab 3/15/2011 for 1.5 cm x 1.5 cm left side AN at
Methodist University Hospital in
Memphis, Tn

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
Re: Lynn is a postie!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 10:12:36 pm »
Awesome!! I am glad Lynn came through just fine! Remember, the first three days don't count, so if he does have problems during those first three days its all part of the process.  Keep us updated!! By the way, how are YOU doing? I am sure you were a bit nervous during all that, eh?  Take care of yourself as well!!
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

ombrerose4

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 06:58:42 am »
Wishing Lynn a speedy recovery :)
Retrosigmoid 9/24/09
AN 2.4+ cm left side
Mount Sinai Hospital, NYC (Dr. Bederson and Dr. Choe)
BAHA surgery 1/4/2010

Brewers7

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 09:24:16 am »
Sounds good.  God bless you both.
Translab surgery 12/15/2008 followed by CSF leakage repair and 3 additional surgeries for MRSA of the brain (NOT typical) SSD,  facial and vocal cord paralysis, numerous reconstructive surgeries, Transear 12/2010

moe

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 09:42:59 am »
Gentle hugs to Lynn ;)
Slow and easy, one day at a time.
Congrats on a successful surgery!
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 01:20:13 pm »
Freda ~

Thanks for the update on Lynn and congratulations on his successful AN surgery.  Most AN post-op issues are temporary so the outlook for your husband is good.  He has been through serious surgery and should take his recovery at a pace that feels right.  I'm confident that Lynn will recover nicely and at a rate that suits him.  I know you'll be there to help and support him.  We send Lynn our very best wishes for a smooth and steady recovery.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

rayden1

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 01:29:29 pm »
Hi

Great news. So glad went well. Best wishes for you both in the future

Ann x

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 02:53:47 pm »
So glad the surgery is over and on to the recovery now.  He may feel pretty rocky for a couple of days so do not be offended by what he says or does.

Take of yourself now, while others are taking care of him.

Many prayers for an uneventful recovery!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

hendi51

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 07:04:06 pm »
Thanks everyone. He got to get up today and he ate some. He still is having dizziness and nausea but meds are controlling it. They may take the lumbar drain and the central line out later tonight. If so he will be ready for the floor tomorrow. His mouth still droops a little and he can blink and close his eye but it is slower than the other one, especially when he is tired but he don't have to have any treatment for it. I am resting as I can but you know how it is when you have someone in the hospital, you don't get good rest but I am doing all right. Thanks again from Lynn and I both.
Memphis, Tn

BostonBill

• Aside from tumor, picture of health, living dream
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 08:13:46 pm »
That is great. Wish him a positive and speedy recovery. 6 1/2 hours sounds like a god time. May I ask what the size was and the type surgery he had? Please keep the updates coming. I have surgery scheduled for June.
Diagnosed Dec 21, 2010, 1.75 x 1.75cm plan is for retrosigmoid removal scheduled for June 15th at MGH by Dr Barker & Dr Lee. Putting off so I may enjoy my sons senior year varsity hockey, lacrosse seasons and graduation. That and our annual trip to Cancun in May.

hendi51

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2011, 07:46:04 am »
Boston Bill sorry I'm so late answering this question. Lynn is actually home now, we got home last night. His tumor was 1.5 cm x 1.3 cm. We had been in watch and wait for nearly 4 years. His tumor was small but had always caused some pretty bad symptoms and he has had 2 heart attacks so decisions concerning the tumor were slow in coming. After he started having facial symptoms the docotr decided it was time to come out. The MRI made it look like the tumor wasn't on the the facial nerve but it was. They were able to get all the tumor with minimal damage. His mouth does droop a little and his eye is slow, it does close, but we believe that will get better in time.
Memphis, Tn