Author Topic: More Eye Questions  (Read 2650 times)

RadiantStar

More Eye Questions
« on: January 12, 2006, 06:56:26 pm »
I am curious about finding an eye doctor who is familiar with AN eye issues.  I recently visited my dad's Opthamologist and he was "familiar" with Bell's Palsy patients and he mostly does cataract surgeries and such.  Is there a medical specialty for AN eye issues?  Or another resource to ask about it?

Appreciate your help, and thanks.

Kathleen

matti

Re: More Eye Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 07:52:09 pm »
Kathleen - A couple of years ago, I started seeing a new opthamologist and was blown away at how much he knew about AN's. I really think he knew more than my own surgeon and doctors. He knew all surgical approaches, well versed in almost every symptom and was able to tell me the how and why of everything I have and was experiencing from balance issues on.

The eye on my AN side reacts slower than the other, almost as if the two work independently of one another, I can feel the AN side always working so much harder. Eye is blurry towards the middle of the day and I can not stand bright light, headlights, etc.. He prescribed a drug that he gives to glaucoma patients that helps the eye not to dilate. I have not tried it yet.

Anyway, I was so impressed with him and excited that he understands what AN sufferer's go through. Don't know where you live, but he is in Pleasanton, CA.

matti
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

SKT

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 09:23:43 am »
Hi Matti

I found that you need to seek out a neuro-ophthamologist.

Good luck

SKT

Gloriann

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 09:47:33 pm »
Dr James Fleming in Memphis, Tn is familiar with this. He inserted a gold weight in my eyelid following my AN surgury, so that I can blink and close my eye.
4 cm AN removed 2001- Memphis, Tn by
Dr Gale Gardner and Dr Jon Robertson

7/12 nerve graft 2002- Dr Jon Robertson

gold weight 2001 Memphis, a few days after tumor surgery- Dr James Fleming

Gamma Knife done December 29, 2010 at LSU Shreveport