Author Topic: April Edition of "Around the AN world in 30 Days!"  (Read 3440 times)

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
April Edition of "Around the AN world in 30 Days!"
« on: April 02, 2011, 11:22:42 pm »
I'm gonna have to work on that title, but I digress...Welcome to another edition of the AN Monthly Update.  First, I would like to welcome all the new people that has joined our seemingly ever growing family and are currently seeking out their options (Good luck guys!):
JaneH, CassieB, Manda Panda (Amanda), Farmgirl88, Helping Mom

Next up are those going in for their AN surgeries:
March ??-Valerie_G had her CK
March 15-Hendi51-Husband Lynn scheduled for translab at Methodist U. Hospital in Memphis
April 5 –Micca28 has her surgery scheduled.
April 7th- ChristineH (Christine) Translab surgery scheduled
June-BostonBill scheduled his sugery.
We hope everyone is doing ok that had their surgeries and that those who have them coming up…everything goes swimmingly and you’ll be up and about in no time!

Here are all the BAHA surgeries that have already happened or will happen:
Feb 25th-jaylogs (Jay) had baha surgery, but subsequent post op issues intruded on otherwise simple surgery!
March 29-Puppylove (Debbi)
May 20-Heyct (Carolyn)

Let’s not forget to celebrate our milestones!
March 10-Davjak W&W MRI still no growth
March 2-Sunfish One year MRI after CK…shows collapsing! Another MRI in 6 months.
Sue-Celebrating 5 years since diagnosis!
Joey-Good 2 year post GK
Kranok2 (Sandy)-3 ½ month MRI good, but something showed up in throat…seeing throat doctor on 3/14.
Blowtorch-10 year anniversary of diagnosis (GK)
Jackie-5th year in W&W, tumor remains stable
Tenai98 (Jo)-Tumor still stable after 2 years post Translab

Here’s the category where everything else can’t  be grouped but deserve honorable mention. These are other surgeries besides AN and BAHA’s and other health concerns.
March 9-suujoy tarsorrhaphy done
April 4th-Kenneth K CSF Leak repair
Chelsmom (Chelsea) Underwent surgery for facial nerves 3/9
CHD63 (Clarice) regrowth possible?
DannaO-14 years old and had TWO AN’s (and not a NF2!) also got BAHA. Now battling insurance issues!
MNTim (Tim)-CSF Leak, going in for surgery to fix

I wish everyone on here the best of luck.  If I have missed anyone or if you have an update, please let us know by replying in this thread so we can all know about it!! Everyone have a happy April as the weather turns warmer! Cheers!
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
Re: April Edition of "Around the AN world in 30 Days!"
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 06:04:48 am »
How nice to see this thread again. Thanks, jaylogs! Best to all on the list and others facing tests and surgeries in April - I'll have you in my thoughts and prayers.,

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

Kaybo

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 06:31:39 am »
Wonderful, Jay!
Thanks for keeping us up to date!

K ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 07:30:33 am »
Jay! You rawk!!!!! :) :) :)

Did my celebrating last night with dear friends for the "#5"..... My very dear friend, weezie, celebrating "#5" yrs breast cancer survivor end March.... me, "#5" AN CK ANniversary April 7 (this week) in which weezie and I relied so much on each other to hold each other up as we went through our treatments together, although different ailments...... my upcoming "#5" wedding anniversary (think back, you forumites, back to the day that were here on the forums!) and weezie's upcoming 20th wedding anniversary, which is a multiple of "#5"

Very surreal to accomplish an AN Journey milestone.... and sending wellness wishes to everyone for those experiencing, accomplishing and most of all, forging forward in your own AN Journey.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Cheryl R

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 07:49:08 am »
Phyl. Congratulations on all your #5 events!         April 7th is also my 5 yr CSF leak surgery anniv so unfortunately remember that day too.         I do remember all my anniversaries although not in the happiest way.       The 17th is #3 of my last surgery which is the most memorable with getting some hearing back.             I think my family does not understand my remembering my dates but I know I have family here who do!                This Weds is my MRI and dr day so now on the pins and needles mode!
    I wish you and your friend many many more 5 yr anniversaries of happy days!      Does not seem like it should be 5 yrs already for your CK and and becoming a bride!                     Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 10:34:06 am »
Phyl. Congratulations on all your #5 events!         April 7th is also my 5 yr CSF leak surgery anniv so unfortunately remember that day too.         I do remember all my anniversaries although not in the happiest way.       The 17th is #3 of my last surgery which is the most memorable with getting some hearing back.             I think my family does not understand my remembering my dates but I know I have family here who do!                This Weds is my MRI and dr day so now on the pins and needles mode!
    I wish you and your friend many many more 5 yr anniversaries of happy days!      Does not seem like it should be 5 yrs already for your CK and and becoming a bride!                     Cheryl R

Cheryl... thank you!  :-*  Hugglez when I see you in Cinci! :)  I'm sorry that the 7th is not a pleasant ANniversary for you, but look at you now! :)  I know it's been a VERY rough ride, but you KNOW I'm thinking of you!  :-*

Peeps thought I was a blushing bride on my wedding day... little did they know I was experiencing "hot face" (radiation folks may know what I am referencing! ;) ) and it was due to the radiation, not the fact I was enduring wedding #2 (ie: 2nd marriage)!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"