Author Topic: Went to visit ChristineH at hospital (=  (Read 2460 times)

lauralynn

Went to visit ChristineH at hospital (=
« on: April 11, 2011, 07:09:52 pm »
Hello everyone,

As soon as I found out Christine was out of ICU and was able to have visitors...I got ready to go see her!  I visited with her and her husband today for about an hour.  She looks great!  She gets very intense headaches if she moves too fast but is in very good spirits.  She told me that no matter what...she  IS going home tomorrow!  Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!  She has some stiffness in her neck and some pain where the incision is but she is so determined to go home that she is holding off on any pain medication by IV.  She is able to walk (without a walker...awesome!) though she loses her balance a tiny bit here and there.  She looks absolutely wonderful!  I didn't notice any facial weakness at all.   ;D  I'm so thrilled that I got to see her and so happy that she is doing so well!!  She is very thankful for everyone's thoughts and prayers.  I'm not sure when she will be up to posting so I will keep giving updates til then.

God Bless,

Laura Lynn
4 cm left AN/diagnosed 1/23/09
Translab 4/14/09
Cyberknife 7/09
Gold weight implant 8/09
Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix
Dr. Syms and Dr. Porter
Balance issues, 100% hearingl loss (left ear), tinnitus, facial numbness/pain,
chronic fatigue, weakness, eye issues

God Bless everyone

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Went to visit ChristineH at hospital (=
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 09:53:55 pm »
Laura Lynn -

thanks for the very positive update on Christine.  I'm glad to hear she's doing so well and will be leaving the hospital soon.

Very nice of you to visit her.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 06:53:34 am »
Good news continues with Christine.  Wonderful!!  Hope she does, indeed, come home today.  Thanks Laura Lynn for keeping us up to date.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

cindyj

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 07:30:48 am »
Great news - hope she does get to go home today!  Things always improve once back at your own home (in my experience anyway :D ).  Thanks for continuing to update us, Laura Lynn!

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

moe

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 08:36:24 am »
Thanks for the great update!
Hopefully she can go home and get on with recuperating. Hard to do in the hospital, as we all know :)
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 02:13:05 pm »
Laura Lynn ~

What an encouraging update on Christine H.!  Kudos to you for paying her and her husband a visit in the hospital and 'reporting' back to us on the ANA discussion forums.  I'm delighted to learn how well Christine is doing, post op.  I'm sure she'll recover nicely, once released and at home.  Your update on Christine was uplifting - and appreciated.  Thank you.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

iluuvpups

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 05:48:50 pm »
Thanks so much for posting this, Laura Lynn.  I sent her the magic scarf and have been thinking about her a lot and wondering how she's doing.  It sounds like she's doing great!  When you see her/talk to her again, please tell her I'm thinking of her and wishing her well.  Thanks!  --Carol Ann
Original 1.75cm left-side AN diagnosed Feb 2010
Translab surgery May 27, 2010 with Drs. Kartush and Pieper of MEI
SSD on left side, some facial weakness, tear duct doesn't work
Found I actually had a facial neuroma during translab
Remaining 6mm facial neuroma - watch and wait