Author Topic: I have a date too!  (Read 3278 times)

Rivergirl

• Rivergirl
I have a date too!
« on: April 22, 2011, 07:58:41 pm »
I will be having surgery with the Mass general team on May 31st.  Looking forward to having it behind me.
Diagnosed 6/2008
Right AN 2cmx8x9
Sub-Occipital at Mass General with Martusa and McKenna on 5/31/11
Right SSD, very little taste
I think I will make it!

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
Re: I have a date too!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 09:14:53 pm »
Yayyy! I bet you feel a lot better now all that is out of the way, eh?  Congrats on the date...now you can kick back and let things happen, because you aren't in the driver's seat anymore! It'll help to stay active, try to work out, do physical stuff...it'll take the edge off as the date gets nearer!  Let us know how it goes, ok? Again, many congrats and good luck!
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 06:19:09 am »
It is amazing what a difference it makes in stress level to have a treatment date!  For the better, that is.  Congratulations.

Like Jay said, stay busy, do fun things with family, etc.  Sure makes the time go faster, I am finding.  May will be here before we know it.

Best wishes for an uneventful and problem-free surgery and recovery.

Many prayers.  Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

mk

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 08:22:54 am »
It is great to have a date. Overwhelming of course, but you can start organing everything and anticipating the end of all this.

Marianna
GK on April 23rd 2008 for 2.9 cm AN at Toronto Western Hospital. Subsequent MRIs showed darkening initially, then growth. Retrosigmoid surgery on April 26th, 2011 with Drs. Akagami and Westerberg at Vancouver General Hospital. Graduallly lost hearing after GK and now SSD but no other issues.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 09:18:25 am »
Rivergirl -

I hope 5/31 turns out to be a very good day for you.  It's my ANniversary date (2007) and despite being SSD, everything else about that day turned out just fine for me.  I'm hoping my luck will rub off on you.

I've heard only great things about the Mass general team; you're in very good hands.

Best of luck,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 12:04:35 pm »
Rivergirl ~

Congratulations on attaining a surgery date at Massachusetts General hospital in Boston which has an exemplary reputation equaled only by HEI, in Los Angeles.  In addition, Dr. McKenna is a gifted surgeon.  I believe he pioneered the debulking procedure I underwent, which was very successful, in my case.  I'm confident you'll do well too and of course, you'll be in the thoughts and prayers of many friends.   

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

LisaP

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 05:05:18 pm »
Hi,

I have been thinking of you since the luncheon, please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing before and after the surgery.

Best wishes,

LisaP
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

Keeping Up

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 09:50:26 pm »
Congrats on the date ... it is a quick turnaround, which is probably so much better than having to wait several months!

Ann
dx Dec/08 - 5mm x 8mm AN
'watch and wait'

LisaP

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 05:10:07 pm »
Continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers

LisaP
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W