Author Topic: CyberKnife Treatment in Colorado  (Read 4109 times)

mwood

CyberKnife Treatment in Colorado
« on: February 09, 2011, 06:52:08 pm »
I am newly diagnosed with 2 CM tumor and currently investigating/researching options.  I currently think that CyberKnife option will be my choice, but am wondering if anyone has had any experience with CyberKnife facilities and most specifically physicians/Onocology radiation physicians in Colorado.  Am currently looking at the Cancer Center at Penrose in Colorado Springs.  Any input is appreciated.

Nancy Drew

• Colorado Tree Hugger!!!
Re: CyberKnife Treatment in Colorado
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 06:45:39 pm »
Hi mwood,

One of the moderators passed your post on to me.I live in south Denver, and I had gamma knife on my AN Oct. 2008.  My doctor was Robert Feehs, and he did my GK at the Swedish Gamma Knife Center in Englewood.There is also another GK center...at St. Anthony's or Joseph's, I think.  There is a cyberknife center (Rocky Mountain CyberKnife) in Boulder.  A new cyberknife facility has opened up in Denver, but I'm not sure where it is located.  Dr. Feehs does surgery, GK and CK.  I think he is a really good doctor.  So far so good for me.  There is also a new Acoustic Neuroma Support Group here in metro Denver.  Feel free to email. 

Best Wishes,

Nancy
12/05 AN diagnosed left ear 4.5mm
06/08 6mm
Gamma Knife 10/21/08
1 year MRI  6.8mm x 5.5mm
2 year MRI  5.9mm x 4.9mm
3 year MRI  6.5mm x 6.0mm 
Slight Hearing Loss Post GK

Swedish Gamma Knife Center
Englewood, CO
Dr. Robert Feehs

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 07:18:42 am »
Nancy! Oh, my I haven't seen you in ages! Hope you are doing well! :)

What I can add to this discussion is that the annual CK Conference is going on right now in San Francisco where all the world-wide CK teams have gathered for Scientific sessions, etc, so they are all on top of their game with the most updated latest-and-greatest info/techniques, etc.  I know, first hand, that a "Patient" special guest speaker also presented to the "General Session" Friday am to help these doctors understand patient concerns.  Our very own Mark did the Patient presentation (I was asked to do it but due to work issues, Mark, at the last minute, stepped in for me to guest speak) and from what I heard, he did a marvelous job!

Regardless of which location, yes, experience is key, but its great to see the CK medical community come together under 1 roof to help ensure they are collectively on top of their game.

Just my 2 cents.
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Zanybrainy

• Surgery 01/24/05 4.0cm, Colorado Springs, CO Retro
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 08:41:01 am »
Hi!  I had cyber knife at Penrose Hospital with Dr. Peddada and was very impressed.  I had surgery in January '05  to debulk my tumor.  In '04 it started to grow again (my doctor says I have a healthy tumor, :).   After my initial consultation, Dr. Peddada spent a week researching the best approach to preserve my facial nerve.  I have some damage from surgery.  He personally called me back and answered all our questions.  My surgeon, Dr. Hegarty, worked with Dr. Peddada and I had a very good experience.  I was on steroids for about 6 weeks to keep the swelling down(definitely the worst part) and I have had no side effects.  I was not excited to have radiation but I had a great experience and feel like I got the best treatment available.  I hope everything is going well. Cathy
Retrosigmoid, January 24, 2005
4 cm "stuck" to brainstem
Memorial Hospital, Colorado Springs

sunfish

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 05:29:43 pm »
Zanybrainy, I love your name! :) :)
Rt. side 14mm x 11mm near brain stem
Severe higher frequency hearing loss
I use a hearing aid (Dot 20 by Resound)
Balance issues improving!!!!
Cyberknife March17, 2010