Author Topic: So Far So Far  (Read 3026 times)

Doc

• “Shake off the BooHoo and get with the program”
So Far So Far
« on: May 10, 2011, 06:53:32 pm »
Look what I bought - Balance Therapy Machine - http://www.vespausa.com/scooters.html#!s=views-and-features/gtv-300  :D
Left-Translab July '09. Cyberknife Jan 2010. In Apr 2017, four more tumors found; three in the brain and one, 7cm long, on my spinal cord; it was surgically removed. It was cancerous, and so are the others. I've been receiving Chemo since June '18, and I'm still in treatment.

Keri

Re: So Far So Far
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 09:20:25 pm »
Very nice! Love that description!

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 02:38:39 pm »
Doc ~

Congratulations on your entry into the two-wheeled fraternity!  I'm not a member, however, I've long considered buying a motor scooter because, as a retiree, half of my driving is within a few miles of my home and now, with the price of gas.....  Problem is that I don't have a good place to park it (wife wouldn't let me keep it inside), its very hilly where we live and being in the northeast, I would only be able to ride the scooter approximately six months out of the year, and not in the rain.  Also, in my state (CT) you have to have a motorcycle license to drive any 2-wheeler with an engine larger than 50cc.  Too much hassle - but if we ever move down south (could happen) I'll be able to reconsider.  Meanwhile, good luck with your new Vespa -and stay safe.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Doc

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 05:04:48 pm »
Oh, its been great Jim. I really did purchase it to challenge myself to work harder on my balance, which is still a problem. I brought it home this past Saturday and before the sun went down Sunday, I'd already put nearly 200 miles on it. It was a little tricky getting used to; I'm without a vestibular nerve on the left side, but like I said, so far so far...literally. I'm happy and think you'd probably enjoy the adventure too! Same 50cc rule down here. I have a month I believe before I have to go down to take a drivers test. Last year when I had my youngest in to get his license, I took the written motorcycle test with an eye on buying a Scooter when I felt like I could handle it a little better...I feel better!

Thanks!
  ;)
Doc
Left-Translab July '09. Cyberknife Jan 2010. In Apr 2017, four more tumors found; three in the brain and one, 7cm long, on my spinal cord; it was surgically removed. It was cancerous, and so are the others. I've been receiving Chemo since June '18, and I'm still in treatment.

STG

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 06:15:01 am »
Good choice and this is the best time of the year to be riding one. What do you think about this one for balance therapy.
http://www.unicycle.com/hot-products/nimbus-20-inch-trials-cycle-1.html

Safe riding
STG

5mm left AN/diagnosed 4/10, 2nd MRI 9/10 no change 30% hearing loss
4/11 MRI doubled in size, 90% hearing loss, balance issues, facial numbness
Translab surgery May 18th at UP Philadelphia.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 02:52:24 pm »
STG ~

The ultimate 'balance therapy'!  I'm not quite ready for a unicycle but I like the idea of a motor scooter, like Doc's.  Looks like fun! 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Doc

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 07:29:03 pm »

I couldn't ride a Unicycle before the AN Surgery, let alone now...hah...I could just picture me lying flat on my back, waiting for the paramedics to arrive! I'll stick my Super Duper Scooter for now...loving the adventure...not sure its helping with my balance but I'm having a blast on it...what fun!

Take Care!
  ;)
Doc

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 08:19:06 pm »
So, what color?
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

Doc

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 10:10:16 am »
...Brown just like the picture...its sweet Georgia Brown!