Author Topic: I'm Back..!  (Read 1924 times)

Doc

• “Shake off the BooHoo and get with the program”
I'm Back..!
« on: May 02, 2011, 05:54:55 pm »
Just checking in to see how all you "Wonkyhead" types are fairing...well I hope!

Take Care!
  ;)
Doc
Left-Translab July '09. Cyberknife Jan 2010. In Apr 2017, four more tumors found; three in the brain and one, 7cm long, on my spinal cord; it was surgically removed. It was cancerous, and so are the others. I've been receiving Chemo since June '18, and I'm still in treatment.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: I'm Back..!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 02:34:42 pm »
Hey, Doc ~

Good to see you back!  Most of us are doing well or at least coping well, to be more precise.  How about you?

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Doc

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 05:07:55 pm »
All good here Jim...hope time has been kind to you! I'm quickly coming up on two years since they plucked that nasty AN from my head. No worse for wear I guess...sure beats the alternative! Still nursing a bum eye and balance issues, but I've gotten so used to things, like yourself, I press on and do the best I can with the hand I've been dealt...oh well...life is outstanding I'd say!

You take care!
  ;)
Doc
Left-Translab July '09. Cyberknife Jan 2010. In Apr 2017, four more tumors found; three in the brain and one, 7cm long, on my spinal cord; it was surgically removed. It was cancerous, and so are the others. I've been receiving Chemo since June '18, and I'm still in treatment.

cindyj

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 09:01:56 am »
Hey, Doc...good to "see" you!  Glad to know things are well for you (with your new normal ;) ).  Hope to see you at another meeting sometime...next one is scheduled for Jul 23 - same time and place!

Cindy

PS - My son is going to Japan in Aug for two semesters of school - a university in Nagoya.  Hope all of your wife's family is ok after all the tragedies over there...
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Doc

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 09:18:03 am »
Hi Cindy,

Nice to hear from you...I'll mark the date for the next meeting.  Great news about your son...he's gonna love it! My wife's family all live well south of the area hit my the earthquake and tsunami...everyone is fine...thanks for asking!

Take Care!
  ;)
Doc