Author Topic: 6 month MRI after CK  (Read 1752 times)

TJ

• 1.2 cm AN right side, CK November 2010
6 month MRI after CK
« on: May 26, 2011, 10:07:48 am »
I received my MRI results for my 6 month after CK.  The MRI  shows the AN a little larger, but I hope that is normal.  I have not lost anymore hearing which is really good news.  We all have to go through this amazing journey.  I thank you for all those who have given advice.  So for now my balance is not to good, and will have another MRI at the one year point.

TJ

proudmomof3

Re: 6 month MRI after CK
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 01:35:36 pm »
TJ,

What I understand, the AN can show up bigger the first MRI, but was it dark in the middle, showing it was dying? That is what they look for.

Regardless, glad you are doing well and  have not lost any more hearing. I also have balance issues. I think that is just par for the course. Have you tried doing some vestibular exercises? They may help with your balance.

Good luck!

Cheryl :)
Right AN - 1.5cm
Diagnosed 3/2011
GK  4/2011
Last MRI 5/13 - 1.5cm
SSD Right Side, Constant Tinnitus, Vertigo, Headaches

nftwoed

Re: 6 month MRI after CK
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 02:58:44 pm »
Hi;

Re, hearing loss; I believe if one is destined to lose any hearing by irradiation, it would be rather later than sooner. The cochlear ciliary hair cells die an unpredictable amount. They cannot regrow. Best wishes in this!
  The somewhat larger size could be a bit of AN swelling, or could just be the particular MRI. That would depend upon how much larger.