Author Topic: Hemangioma  (Read 2539 times)

lholl36233

Hemangioma
« on: June 27, 2010, 06:34:35 pm »
Hi,

As some of you might remember from my previous posts, I have a hemangioma near the facial nerve.  I just found out today that I have 3 cousins with hemangiomas.  One on the nose, one on the liver and one on the spine.

Makes you wonder if there is a hereditary connection?  I just felt like sharing.

Thank you.

Laura
Proton Radiation for my hemangioma at MGH December 2009.  Hearing has improved.  Doing great!

lori67

Re: Hemangioma
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 07:29:02 pm »
Hi Laura.

That definitely does make you wonder if there's some connection there or maybe it's just really coincidental.  Hopefully, someday the researchers will figure out what causes these weird things and how to make them stop!!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

heyct

Re: Hemangioma
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 09:14:31 am »
Hi Laura,

We are a rare group! They thought I had an AN, but it turned out to be a hemangioma. I'm still not clear why they couldn't tell before my surgery. It was starting to strangle my facial nerve. Luckily they got "almost" all of it through surgery, altho I do get worried at every little twitch my eye has!

I have no hereditary connection with Hemangiomas.
Welcome to our little group!
Carolyn

Diagnosed 2/09
9 x 6mm
Translab Surgery: 5/20/09, Stanford..it was a Hemangioma!
Almost complete removal, will have to do update MRIs.
BAHA Ponto Pro 5/9/11