Author Topic: Astronauts and memories  (Read 6036 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Astronauts and memories
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2011, 04:38:02 am »
You all are giving me a "Miss Clairol Moment".  :o  ;)  Seems like yesterday we were all watching Neil Armstrong taking his infamous first step.....
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2011, 04:04:19 pm »
when I was telling kids about me and my brothers getting ready weeks in advance of launches , they looked at me like I was nuts ... we would get ready  by wrapping boxes with aluminum foil and adding windows , antennas , switches made of clothe pins , dials and knobs made of bottle caps and who know what else we added ... we would lay on our backs with our heads / shoulders in the boxes and go through check lists and blast off ...we could play in our space crafts for hours and traveled where NASA couldn't go and still be home in time for dinner ...
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

Mei Mei

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2011, 06:04:12 pm »
 ;D   Absolutely wonderful story.  You've had a terrific childhood!   Keep your imagination fruitful1
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2011, 01:17:04 pm »
Okay, I'm late to the party on this thread, but I'd like to share my small experience with our space program.   I lived in Hawaii in July of 1969, and I was so thrilled, as was most everybody, to witness this historic trip to the moon.  I watched the launch of the Apollo rocket and then after it got in orbit, it circled the earth for one and a half rotations, then it fired rockets and left earth's orbit and headed for the moon.  Well, in Hawaii, everyone was gathering in different places, because we were going to be able to see the rocket burn (I hope I'm using the right terminology here...) Anyway, I was up sometime in the middle of the night...2 a.m or something like that, and went and sat on the stairs to my apartment building and waited and waited, not knowing what it was going to look like.  This was before I had a decent camera, before we recorded every darn thing in our life, so I don't have a photo of this. Darn!!  Suddenly there was a bright light in the sky, and it spread out into a V formation and because it was following the curvature of the earth, that V, which grew in size and practically filled 1/4 of the sky, did not go "up", but went "down" and just looked like it was plunging back to earth.  It was breathtaking.  I thought I'd see some little light in the sky, but it was a pretty big, exciting light show.  Then, days later, I watched the whole thing on my neighbor's bigger TV set and sat in utter fascination as our species walked on another world.   And, of course, after splash down, the astronauts came to Hawaii first.  With that going on, and the Viet Nam war, Hawaii was a pretty busy place in those days.  I felt like that was the center of the known world for a while.
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode