Author Topic: Aricept-for memory problems  (Read 4881 times)

thecakes

Aricept-for memory problems
« on: April 07, 2006, 06:56:14 am »
  Hi, i'v been tring to find some information or anyone who was given Aricept because of memory problems.  My Dr. just perscribed this alzheimers meds. to me.

Battyp

Re: Aricept-for memory problems
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 07:08:51 am »
Cakes did you see the article that was posted on vestibular disorder?  they mentioned that type of med is suppse to help but...(I'm not sure if this is one or not) that most of the meds to help with cognitive problems cause tiredness which makes the memory problems worse.

Desilu

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 06:32:14 pm »
Hi Cakes,

The doctor prescribed Aricept for my elderly father and it was not good.  He was having nightmares, and hallucinating.  After about a week of this, we took him off that medication. I am not trying to scare you, meds work different on different people and it may work well for you but please read all the information about it before you take it or maybe get a second opinion. Hope things work out for you. Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger

thecakes

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 07:45:38 am »
  Well, i'v been on Aricept now for 3 weeks.  I notice a difference!  In the morning, before I get out of bed, I would always say the angel of God several times for my family and I never could concintrate on what I'm saying.  Never.  No matter how hard I try.  It was useless.  Now, its day and nights difference.  No problem.  Thats all I noticed.  I'v never read one book since the surgery, because of the concintration problem, I'l have to try it!

Desilu

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 06:26:44 am »
Hi Cakes,

So glad to hear that the Aricept is working for you! I hope you continue to feel better each day.  Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger

thecakes

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 05:02:52 pm »
 I am going to the library today, to get my first book.

cookiesecond

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 08:44:27 pm »
I am so glad aricept is working for you. My mom was just prescribed this and I hope it works for her.
Happy reading,
lynn

thecakes

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2006, 11:08:23 am »
  Flash back------on reading my first book--------  I lost it.  It has been gone now for 3 weeks------  I forgot where I put it. :(